News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Data reveals United States of Android
New figures from comScore show Google's mobile OS accounts for a hefty portion of the smartphone market in the US and a new infographic from JumpTap illustrates the growing United States of Android.
The number of smartphone-wielding Americans jumped 8% from Q1 2011 to 78.5 million in Q2, according to comScore's latest figures.
Android grabbed 40% of the market, up 2%, among the 30,000 respondents to comScore's survey in June. In second place is Apple's iOS with 26.6%.
A new infographic from targeted mobile ad company Jumptap, based on data from its 83 million network of users, illustrates the geographic spread of smartphone users in the US.
It shows that consumers in the South and Southwest tend to be Android-biased compared to the rest of the country, while those in the Midwest and Northeast lean towards iOS. California, Texas and Florida over-index for Android use and states in New England and the Midwest over-index for iOS use.
While Android dominates the smartphone platform market, Jumptap's ad click-through rates revealed that Apple's iOS outperforms its rivals.
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Gigya: Facebook winning for logins
- Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
- Study: SMBs bride personal achievement over money
- DMA (UK) poll reveals most 'marketing friendly' social network
- LinkedIn: 300 million connected, 3 billion to go
- Kenshoo: Paid search continues double-digit yearly growth
Featured White Papers
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...