News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Data reveals United States of Android
New figures from comScore show Google's mobile OS accounts for a hefty portion of the smartphone market in the US and a new infographic from JumpTap illustrates the growing United States of Android.
The number of smartphone-wielding Americans jumped 8% from Q1 2011 to 78.5 million in Q2, according to comScore's latest figures.
Android grabbed 40% of the market, up 2%, among the 30,000 respondents to comScore's survey in June. In second place is Apple's iOS with 26.6%.
A new infographic from targeted mobile ad company Jumptap, based on data from its 83 million network of users, illustrates the geographic spread of smartphone users in the US.
It shows that consumers in the South and Southwest tend to be Android-biased compared to the rest of the country, while those in the Midwest and Northeast lean towards iOS. California, Texas and Florida over-index for Android use and states in New England and the Midwest over-index for iOS use.
While Android dominates the smartphone platform market, Jumptap's ad click-through rates revealed that Apple's iOS outperforms its rivals.
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
- Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
- Shoppers don't care for social integration of mobile apps
- 44% of Twitter's 982 million accounts never used
- Report: Travel sites missing the data mark
- Brands: How mobile wallets can improve loyalty programs
- Survey: SMB's need more tax education
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...