News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Data reveals United States of Android
New figures from comScore show Google's mobile OS accounts for a hefty portion of the smartphone market in the US and a new infographic from JumpTap illustrates the growing United States of Android.
The number of smartphone-wielding Americans jumped 8% from Q1 2011 to 78.5 million in Q2, according to comScore's latest figures.
Android grabbed 40% of the market, up 2%, among the 30,000 respondents to comScore's survey in June. In second place is Apple's iOS with 26.6%.
A new infographic from targeted mobile ad company Jumptap, based on data from its 83 million network of users, illustrates the geographic spread of smartphone users in the US.
It shows that consumers in the South and Southwest tend to be Android-biased compared to the rest of the country, while those in the Midwest and Northeast lean towards iOS. California, Texas and Florida over-index for Android use and states in New England and the Midwest over-index for iOS use.
While Android dominates the smartphone platform market, Jumptap's ad click-through rates revealed that Apple's iOS outperforms its rivals.
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...