News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Data reveals United States of Android
New figures from comScore show Google's mobile OS accounts for a hefty portion of the smartphone market in the US and a new infographic from JumpTap illustrates the growing United States of Android.
The number of smartphone-wielding Americans jumped 8% from Q1 2011 to 78.5 million in Q2, according to comScore's latest figures.
Android grabbed 40% of the market, up 2%, among the 30,000 respondents to comScore's survey in June. In second place is Apple's iOS with 26.6%.
A new infographic from targeted mobile ad company Jumptap, based on data from its 83 million network of users, illustrates the geographic spread of smartphone users in the US.
It shows that consumers in the South and Southwest tend to be Android-biased compared to the rest of the country, while those in the Midwest and Northeast lean towards iOS. California, Texas and Florida over-index for Android use and states in New England and the Midwest over-index for iOS use.
While Android dominates the smartphone platform market, Jumptap's ad click-through rates revealed that Apple's iOS outperforms its rivals.
- Nielsen: Generations bucking preconceived notions of behavior
- Study reveals shopping habits not influenced by Black Friday flash sales
- Study: Shoppers plan to spend more, save more this holiday
- How to respond to bad reviews
- Top tips for a better 2016 IT strategy
- Click-and-collect drives additional in-store sales
- Oxford Dictionaries announces 'word of the year' and it is not a word
- Last-minute shopping on the rise during holiday season
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...