News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Data reveals United States of Android
New figures from comScore show Google's mobile OS accounts for a hefty portion of the smartphone market in the US and a new infographic from JumpTap illustrates the growing United States of Android.
The number of smartphone-wielding Americans jumped 8% from Q1 2011 to 78.5 million in Q2, according to comScore's latest figures.
Android grabbed 40% of the market, up 2%, among the 30,000 respondents to comScore's survey in June. In second place is Apple's iOS with 26.6%.
A new infographic from targeted mobile ad company Jumptap, based on data from its 83 million network of users, illustrates the geographic spread of smartphone users in the US.
It shows that consumers in the South and Southwest tend to be Android-biased compared to the rest of the country, while those in the Midwest and Northeast lean towards iOS. California, Texas and Florida over-index for Android use and states in New England and the Midwest over-index for iOS use.
While Android dominates the smartphone platform market, Jumptap's ad click-through rates revealed that Apple's iOS outperforms its rivals.
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
Featured White Papers
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...