News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Cause Marketing: Women prefer brands that donate with each purchase
When faced with a choice between two brands that benefit a cause almost half of women would choose the one that donates with every purchase according to new by The Integer Group and M/A/R/C Research.
The Integer Group asked a panel of 1,200 Americans what would influence their preference for one brand over another when choosing between two companies that each benefit a cause and sell the same product, similar in price and quality.
The top answer among both men and women was "personal relevance of cause" (70%). According to the research, published in The Checkout, women report that causes such as finding cures and disease prevention are the most compelling, with social change, faith-based, animal and child welfare causes also appealing.
Differences among genders emerge in the second most common answer which was "donates with every purchase". They know the purchase they just made will make a difference. So, while women tend towards brands that promise instant gratification with each purchase (44% vs. 38% of the overall population) it's not such a big deal for men (33%).
"Brands need to appeal to men's rationale side, delivering a more rational benefit for their participation in a cause program, which can lead to higher engagement," said Craig Elston, SVP, The Integer Group.
"Men are more likely to support organizations like The Salvation Army or Goodwill, with women saying they support disease prevention causes such as breast cancer awareness."
The top brands purchased based on their affiliation with a cause were:
2. Anything Affiliated With Breast Cancer
3. (tied) Susan G. Komen for the Cure & Newman's Own
4. General Mills
5. Yogurt in general
6. (tie) P&G and RED
7. Boxtops for Education
8. (tied) Kellogg's, Campbell's & Girl Scouts
- Two-thirds of ad execs Google prospective employees
- 61% of brand content on Snapchat is video
- Survey: Trust influences more consumers to share information
- Expert: Travel next up for programmatic direct
- Expert: How to reduce involuntary churn
- New service alerts marketers when competitors air new TV ads
- 170% rise in ad requests containing location data
- Brexit, Trump leave marketers skittish about targeting
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...