News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Borrell: Majority of SMBs to use mobile marketing this year
Over 80% of small and medium-sized businesses plan to spend some of their annual marketing budget on at least one form of mobile advertising during the course of 2011, found new research from Borrell Associates.
Of the 484 SMBs surveyed by Borrell 83% plan to spend, or have already spent, part of their 2011 annual marketing budget on at least one mobile marketing channel. How much are they planning to set aside? Twenty percent or more according to Borrell.
Author of the ensuing report, Kip Cassino, told ClickZ it was fascinating to watch SMBS dive into mobile marketing so quickly considering the lack of metrics and its relatively new place in marketing strategy.
"Historically the small guys wait until the technology gets cheaper and the roadmap is a little more clear; that's how it was with online," he said. "These guys aren't waiting. They're plunging in, and for the most part they're doing so without many metrics."
Cassino goes on to suggest that daily deals campaigns are attracting many marketers as there is no initial outlay. Whether or not those marketers continue to use daily deals after their initial experience remains to be seen. Some reports show that businesses that have used daily deals aren't satisfied enough with the results to consider running further campaigns. Stingy daily deals participants and a lack of repeat business were among concerns.
- How to use your CTA to drive email conversions
- Expert: How to improve personalization strategy
- How to use payments as a marketing tool
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and a new release
- Top 3 tips to use a loyalty program to build engagement
- Fewer people report suffering with information overload than a decade ago
- Third of businesses globally under-prepared for digital transformation
- Expert: Tipping point for personalization is near
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...