News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Area codes as important as zip codes for SMBs
In the 1980s and 1990s, businesses may have paid a premium for a physical or boxed address in certain areas of New York and California, today's businesses are looking for a more trendy area code. For a better business image, these businesses are looking to their phone numbers to impress potential clients and customers, because addresses - whether physical or just a PO Box - just aren't making the cut.
The trendy zip code may have lost it's luster according to a recent survey of businesses. These businesses said having the right area code or 800 number prefix was more important than their actual address.
"Some things never change, like the importance of a first impression," said Mike Pugh, Vice President, Marketing of j2 Global Communications, Inc. "What's interesting about the survey findings is that it's an area code, not a physical address that now seems to have the most positive impact. eVoice enables a small business to be connected to the community - via a local area code - even though the business may be in another city or state. And for businesses that want to present a broader national image, eVoice offers toll-free numbers."
According to the survey:
How are businesses getting the right area code? Through phone answering systems and routers, primarily. With many phone service providers, these numbers also come with unlimited extensions and conference calling options as well as texting and routing options.
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...