News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Area codes as important as zip codes for SMBs
In the 1980s and 1990s, businesses may have paid a premium for a physical or boxed address in certain areas of New York and California, today's businesses are looking for a more trendy area code. For a better business image, these businesses are looking to their phone numbers to impress potential clients and customers, because addresses - whether physical or just a PO Box - just aren't making the cut.
The trendy zip code may have lost it's luster according to a recent survey of businesses. These businesses said having the right area code or 800 number prefix was more important than their actual address.
"Some things never change, like the importance of a first impression," said Mike Pugh, Vice President, Marketing of j2 Global Communications, Inc. "What's interesting about the survey findings is that it's an area code, not a physical address that now seems to have the most positive impact. eVoice enables a small business to be connected to the community - via a local area code - even though the business may be in another city or state. And for businesses that want to present a broader national image, eVoice offers toll-free numbers."
According to the survey:
How are businesses getting the right area code? Through phone answering systems and routers, primarily. With many phone service providers, these numbers also come with unlimited extensions and conference calling options as well as texting and routing options.
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
- How to build loyalty through games
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...