News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: YouTube, iPhone tops for video viewing
Viewers are consumed with video content. Whether on the computer or on mobile devices, the amount of video content viewed each month continues to increase. According to two reports, however, two platforms are leading the way: iPhones and YouTube.
According to Vuclip's July 2011 Global Video Insights Report, consumers are watching video content through iPhones more than any other mobile device. Vuclip's numbers find iPhones are leading the video race in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, China and Singapore.
"July marks a major inflection point in the smartphone race," said Nickhil Jakatdar, Vuclip CEO. "While we know Apple is a media darling in North America and Europe, it's interesting to see that it's now become an increasingly popular smartphone in international markets in terms of mobile video consumption."
BlackBerry is also popular with video viewers; there were seven different BlackBerry models on the Top 10 Devices list.
As for ads on mobile devices, Windows Phone 7 saw ad impressions increase 31% (quarter to quarter) according to a recent Millenial Media report. The iPhone held a 17% share of ad impressions, leading the mobile list; Apple's total impressions (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) increased by 18% quarter to quarter.
According to comScore 178 million American consumers watched an estimated 16.8 hours of online video for the month of June. More than six billion video sessions were launched for the month, with most launching from Google's YouTube hub. Google/YouTube viewers watched more than 324 minutes each while Vevo, the second-most-watched platform, accounted for only about 112 minutes per viewer. Yahoo and Microsoft sites accounted for about 30 minutes of viewing time each.
- No age limit to looking for love online
- Goodbye second-screening, hello switch-screening
- Less than one-third of emails opened on desktop last year
- Ad Roundup: Platforms for sales, ecommerce
- Top 3 tips to get more from email on Valentine's campaigns
- Platform promises to connect marketers, consumers
- Mobile app shoppers generate more revenue than mobile website and desktop shoppers
- Mums turn to Facebook for recommendations and parenting communities
Featured White Papers
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....
- The Ultimate Guide to Website Personalization
There is a wealth of methods to put your company's data to work; by far, personalization is one of the...