News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: YouTube, iPhone tops for video viewing
Viewers are consumed with video content. Whether on the computer or on mobile devices, the amount of video content viewed each month continues to increase. According to two reports, however, two platforms are leading the way: iPhones and YouTube.
According to Vuclip's July 2011 Global Video Insights Report, consumers are watching video content through iPhones more than any other mobile device. Vuclip's numbers find iPhones are leading the video race in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, China and Singapore.
"July marks a major inflection point in the smartphone race," said Nickhil Jakatdar, Vuclip CEO. "While we know Apple is a media darling in North America and Europe, it's interesting to see that it's now become an increasingly popular smartphone in international markets in terms of mobile video consumption."
BlackBerry is also popular with video viewers; there were seven different BlackBerry models on the Top 10 Devices list.
As for ads on mobile devices, Windows Phone 7 saw ad impressions increase 31% (quarter to quarter) according to a recent Millenial Media report. The iPhone held a 17% share of ad impressions, leading the mobile list; Apple's total impressions (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) increased by 18% quarter to quarter.
According to comScore 178 million American consumers watched an estimated 16.8 hours of online video for the month of June. More than six billion video sessions were launched for the month, with most launching from Google's YouTube hub. Google/YouTube viewers watched more than 324 minutes each while Vevo, the second-most-watched platform, accounted for only about 112 minutes per viewer. Yahoo and Microsoft sites accounted for about 30 minutes of viewing time each.
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
- How to measure engagement to reach a deeper customer relationship
- Survey: Amazon influencing back to school shoppers
- Hilton gives guests greater control with significant app upgrade
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
- Study: Sales, marketing disconnect resulting in bad customer experience
- UK businesses failing to consistently and effectively employ social for customer support
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...