News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: YouTube, iPhone tops for video viewing
Viewers are consumed with video content. Whether on the computer or on mobile devices, the amount of video content viewed each month continues to increase. According to two reports, however, two platforms are leading the way: iPhones and YouTube.
According to Vuclip's July 2011 Global Video Insights Report, consumers are watching video content through iPhones more than any other mobile device. Vuclip's numbers find iPhones are leading the video race in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, China and Singapore.
"July marks a major inflection point in the smartphone race," said Nickhil Jakatdar, Vuclip CEO. "While we know Apple is a media darling in North America and Europe, it's interesting to see that it's now become an increasingly popular smartphone in international markets in terms of mobile video consumption."
BlackBerry is also popular with video viewers; there were seven different BlackBerry models on the Top 10 Devices list.
As for ads on mobile devices, Windows Phone 7 saw ad impressions increase 31% (quarter to quarter) according to a recent Millenial Media report. The iPhone held a 17% share of ad impressions, leading the mobile list; Apple's total impressions (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) increased by 18% quarter to quarter.
According to comScore 178 million American consumers watched an estimated 16.8 hours of online video for the month of June. More than six billion video sessions were launched for the month, with most launching from Google's YouTube hub. Google/YouTube viewers watched more than 324 minutes each while Vevo, the second-most-watched platform, accounted for only about 112 minutes per viewer. Yahoo and Microsoft sites accounted for about 30 minutes of viewing time each.
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
- Five-fold YoY growth in contactless payment use in UK
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...