News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile Brands: Customer experience a priority
To this point, mobile may have been all about the convenience factor, but new research from OpinionLab finds that moving forward mobile will be about the experience - just as online and social have become. The data, conducted during the Forrester Customer Experience Forum, found that 84% of respondents believe a customer experience strategy is 'as important' in mobile as for other online experiences.
"Regardless of whether the platform is a mobile device, tablet or computer, online customer experience is fraught with issues," said Geoff Galat, Vice President of Worldwide Marketing with Tealeaf. "As is the case with fixed websites, how successful companies are with their mboile channels will depend largely on their customers' ability to complete transactions easily."
Meanwhile, data from General Sentiment finds two mobile brands fighting to be the top global brands. Google, primarily known as a search engine, surpassed Apple as the top brands for Q2 2011. Google's buzz factor has been helped along by the release of Google+, an increase in adoption of Google's Android mobile platform and Chrome browser.
"The tech sector continues to drive the top ten brands as consumers tend to follow these companies closely and discuss new technology products heavily in social media sources," said Greg Artzt, CEO, General Sentiment. "However new product innovations and strong earnings are driving brand value for non-tech companies."
Google, Apple and Microsoft are the top three global brands for Q2, following by Mercedes-Benz and Ford. Yahoo, Sony, Intel, Canon and Panasonic are also in the top ten.
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
- JiWire: Mobile engaging travel consumers
- Drama, inane ramblings and parents turn teens off Facebook
- Survey: UK consumers re-think loyalty to brands
- PPA: Digital magazines boost demand for print editions
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...