News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Media execs say they aren't taking full advantage of data
Buzz in the land of online marketing may be about personalized advertising and content, but the majority of media and entertainment top execs say they aren't taking full advantage of these data opportunities. Customer data that can provide personalized online experiences has been shown to deepen engagement within websites, lead customer back to websites more often and in some cases increase their spending within a brand's site.
Data from Accenture finds that 91% of senior execs in media and entertainment admit they aren't taking full advantage of customer data which could improve engagement by offering more relevant information. What's more, 95% report they don't have strong enough customer relationship management (CRM) software in place to help manage customer information.
Other interesting takeaways from the Global Media & Entertainment High Performance Study include:
"Although some companies have made more progress toward achieving the goal of distributing content via any channel, in any format, to any device, most still need to form a holistic view of their digital consumer so they can monetize their content," said Marco Vernocchi, global managing director of Accenture's Media & Entertainment industry group. "Revenue growth in this new, multi-platform world is dependent on delivering personalized, consumer-driven content to individual consumers via the right platform. This change in focus from the mass-market audience to an audience of one requires a complex shift from mass media to mass technology."
Of those using social media as part of their strategy only about 38% are using it to engage customers/build intimacy and only 17% are using social to build conversions
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
Featured White Papers
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...