News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to engage shoppers in-store through mobile
Consumers are changing their shopping habits. From shopping more often online to utilizing QR scanners in-store to get coupons and other discounts, it is rare that today's shopper is 'alone' in the process. How can brands engage these mobile shoppers in-store?
First they need to know what consumers are doing with mobiles while they are in a store. New data from WhiteHorse finds that most in-store shoppers (84%) are doing some type of mobile activity while they are shopping. Just over 70% are comparing prices, 67% are accessing product reviews and 61% are looking for specific store information - hours, other locations. A full copy of the report, The Future of In-Aisle Mobile: A Framework for Consumer-Centered Innovation, can be downloaded here.
"Smartphones are rapidly transforming the retail landscape and blurring the lines between online and in-store customer experience," said Rand Nickerson, CEO of OpinionLab. "With many retailers generating greater revenues in the store compared to online, using mobile initiatives to incentivize in-store purchases will lead to improved sales. And, with millions of shoppers now engaging with retailers via mobile devices, brands have greater opportunities to listen, understand, and react to customer feedback through the mobile channel."
OpinionLab has released their suggestions for keeping consumers engaged in-store. Among these are:
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....