News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to engage shoppers in-store through mobile
Consumers are changing their shopping habits. From shopping more often online to utilizing QR scanners in-store to get coupons and other discounts, it is rare that today's shopper is 'alone' in the process. How can brands engage these mobile shoppers in-store?
First they need to know what consumers are doing with mobiles while they are in a store. New data from WhiteHorse finds that most in-store shoppers (84%) are doing some type of mobile activity while they are shopping. Just over 70% are comparing prices, 67% are accessing product reviews and 61% are looking for specific store information - hours, other locations. A full copy of the report, The Future of In-Aisle Mobile: A Framework for Consumer-Centered Innovation, can be downloaded here.
"Smartphones are rapidly transforming the retail landscape and blurring the lines between online and in-store customer experience," said Rand Nickerson, CEO of OpinionLab. "With many retailers generating greater revenues in the store compared to online, using mobile initiatives to incentivize in-store purchases will lead to improved sales. And, with millions of shoppers now engaging with retailers via mobile devices, brands have greater opportunities to listen, understand, and react to customer feedback through the mobile channel."
OpinionLab has released their suggestions for keeping consumers engaged in-store. Among these are:
- Britain has more female gamers than male
- Permission-based email marketers still finding inbox placement hard work
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
- Study: Top retailers failing at email
- Study: Most shoppers engage via mobile before hitting stores
- Report: CPG brands reinvest in RTB
- Report: In mobile, color matters
- Vungle releases ad tool, integrates with Adap.TV
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...