News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Primetime is the new prime time
When it comes to online video more people are watching for longer periods of time. A new study from Yahoo, Phase 2 of Video, finds that not only are viewers consuming more video content they are becoming more discerning of the quality of content and, by comparison, the ads supporting that content.
"As online video continues to grow and become more mainstream, an evolution is taking place on three fronts: viewer consumption habits, the sharing of video content and even the video content itself," was written in the report. "By understanding these changes marketers can maximize consumer engagement by selecting the appropriate video content and sites according to their marketing strategy."
According to the Yahoo report:
In fact, professionally produced content rated higher ad recall (45% vs. 36%) higher brand/product recall (19% vs. 12%) and were considered more relevant to ad sponsorships (19% vs. 15%). User generated content was seen as more annoying (47% vs. 41%) and more instrusive (40% vs. 36%).
Data from comScore shows that more than 5.6 billion video viewing sessions were launched in May 2011, with most viewers tuning in to Google/YouTube (311 minutes per viewer, average). From an advertising standpoint, 45% of the US population were reached by video ads with most ads served through Hulu's platform (1.3 billion). Time spent viewing video ads reach 2 billion minutes; video ads accounted for just under 13% of the time spent watching video clips.
- Nielsen: Generations bucking preconceived notions of behavior
- Study reveals shopping habits not influenced by Black Friday flash sales
- Study: Shoppers plan to spend more, save more this holiday
- How to respond to bad reviews
- Top tips for a better 2016 IT strategy
- Click-and-collect drives additional in-store sales
- Oxford Dictionaries announces 'word of the year' and it is not a word
- Last-minute shopping on the rise during holiday season
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...