News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Primetime is the new prime time
When it comes to online video more people are watching for longer periods of time. A new study from Yahoo, Phase 2 of Video, finds that not only are viewers consuming more video content they are becoming more discerning of the quality of content and, by comparison, the ads supporting that content.
"As online video continues to grow and become more mainstream, an evolution is taking place on three fronts: viewer consumption habits, the sharing of video content and even the video content itself," was written in the report. "By understanding these changes marketers can maximize consumer engagement by selecting the appropriate video content and sites according to their marketing strategy."
According to the Yahoo report:
In fact, professionally produced content rated higher ad recall (45% vs. 36%) higher brand/product recall (19% vs. 12%) and were considered more relevant to ad sponsorships (19% vs. 15%). User generated content was seen as more annoying (47% vs. 41%) and more instrusive (40% vs. 36%).
Data from comScore shows that more than 5.6 billion video viewing sessions were launched in May 2011, with most viewers tuning in to Google/YouTube (311 minutes per viewer, average). From an advertising standpoint, 45% of the US population were reached by video ads with most ads served through Hulu's platform (1.3 billion). Time spent viewing video ads reach 2 billion minutes; video ads accounted for just under 13% of the time spent watching video clips.
- Study: Nearly one-third say they 'don't do enough' to internationalize their business
- Millennials say the right content drives brand loyalty
- Consumers not impressed by engagement of branded apps
- Online shoppers excited about possibility of drone deliveries
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
- Survey highlights importance of returns process to consumer loyalty
- 45% of marketers to invest in events during 2015
- Barclays Bank launches Twitter payments
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- How to Promote and Measure Hashtag Campaigns
A single hashtag can connect your brand messaging across each of the major social networks. Learn how hashtags can be...