News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Primetime is the new prime time
When it comes to online video more people are watching for longer periods of time. A new study from Yahoo, Phase 2 of Video, finds that not only are viewers consuming more video content they are becoming more discerning of the quality of content and, by comparison, the ads supporting that content.
"As online video continues to grow and become more mainstream, an evolution is taking place on three fronts: viewer consumption habits, the sharing of video content and even the video content itself," was written in the report. "By understanding these changes marketers can maximize consumer engagement by selecting the appropriate video content and sites according to their marketing strategy."
According to the Yahoo report:
In fact, professionally produced content rated higher ad recall (45% vs. 36%) higher brand/product recall (19% vs. 12%) and were considered more relevant to ad sponsorships (19% vs. 15%). User generated content was seen as more annoying (47% vs. 41%) and more instrusive (40% vs. 36%).
Data from comScore shows that more than 5.6 billion video viewing sessions were launched in May 2011, with most viewers tuning in to Google/YouTube (311 minutes per viewer, average). From an advertising standpoint, 45% of the US population were reached by video ads with most ads served through Hulu's platform (1.3 billion). Time spent viewing video ads reach 2 billion minutes; video ads accounted for just under 13% of the time spent watching video clips.
- Expert: Why brands should consider the subscription box
- Retail trends to watch for 2017
- Expert: Tips for a more productive 2017
- Consumers more likely to click on ads featuring user-generated photography
- Personalized offers on mobile drive consumers in-store
- Marketers prioritizing social media for product launches
- Reports: Mobile hot but not everyone is buying
- Ad Roundup: Acquisition, launch to add layers of control
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...