News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Primetime is the new prime time
When it comes to online video more people are watching for longer periods of time. A new study from Yahoo, Phase 2 of Video, finds that not only are viewers consuming more video content they are becoming more discerning of the quality of content and, by comparison, the ads supporting that content.
"As online video continues to grow and become more mainstream, an evolution is taking place on three fronts: viewer consumption habits, the sharing of video content and even the video content itself," was written in the report. "By understanding these changes marketers can maximize consumer engagement by selecting the appropriate video content and sites according to their marketing strategy."
According to the Yahoo report:
In fact, professionally produced content rated higher ad recall (45% vs. 36%) higher brand/product recall (19% vs. 12%) and were considered more relevant to ad sponsorships (19% vs. 15%). User generated content was seen as more annoying (47% vs. 41%) and more instrusive (40% vs. 36%).
Data from comScore shows that more than 5.6 billion video viewing sessions were launched in May 2011, with most viewers tuning in to Google/YouTube (311 minutes per viewer, average). From an advertising standpoint, 45% of the US population were reached by video ads with most ads served through Hulu's platform (1.3 billion). Time spent viewing video ads reach 2 billion minutes; video ads accounted for just under 13% of the time spent watching video clips.
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...