News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Primetime is the new prime time
When it comes to online video more people are watching for longer periods of time. A new study from Yahoo, Phase 2 of Video, finds that not only are viewers consuming more video content they are becoming more discerning of the quality of content and, by comparison, the ads supporting that content.
"As online video continues to grow and become more mainstream, an evolution is taking place on three fronts: viewer consumption habits, the sharing of video content and even the video content itself," was written in the report. "By understanding these changes marketers can maximize consumer engagement by selecting the appropriate video content and sites according to their marketing strategy."
According to the Yahoo report:
In fact, professionally produced content rated higher ad recall (45% vs. 36%) higher brand/product recall (19% vs. 12%) and were considered more relevant to ad sponsorships (19% vs. 15%). User generated content was seen as more annoying (47% vs. 41%) and more instrusive (40% vs. 36%).
Data from comScore shows that more than 5.6 billion video viewing sessions were launched in May 2011, with most viewers tuning in to Google/YouTube (311 minutes per viewer, average). From an advertising standpoint, 45% of the US population were reached by video ads with most ads served through Hulu's platform (1.3 billion). Time spent viewing video ads reach 2 billion minutes; video ads accounted for just under 13% of the time spent watching video clips.
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
- Mobile offers, coupons big draw for Dads
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
- Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
- Reports: Consumers want television everywhere
- SMBs: The marketplace is getting tougher
Featured White Papers
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...