News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Packaged messages more engaging to consumers
During the planning stages of that next video campaign, brands may want to give more thought to the packaging of the message and how it is delivered. A new report from Synaptic Digital and Kantar Video finds that consumers have a better perception of packaged ads; they also found that men and woman are consuming video content differently.
Data from comScore finds that more than 176 million US consumers tuned in to online video during the month of May, watching an average of 15 hours per viewer. For the month there were nearly 6 million viewing sessions. Most are tuning in to video through YouTube/Google sites, but VEVO, Yahoo and Facebook are also pushing plenty of video traffic. Advertising-wise, Hulu continues to generate the most ad viewing impressions with just over 1 billion ads served.
Women, the Kantar study found, process messages delivered in different formats, which causes a lift in awareness but that men aren't processing multi-channel delivery any differently.
"When consumers are in the market to purchase, their appetite for facts to help make an informed buying decision is best served by the information made available through the Earned and Paid message formats," said Jim Lonergan, CEO and President, Synaptic Digital.
Other interesting findings include:
News-type packaged ads are more engaging to viewership
'Earned' ads are better at increasing brand awareness metrics
'Paid' ads are better at increasing persuasion metrics
Women are more responsive with Paid, Earned and Brand executions
The best exposure sequence was: Paid - Brand - Earned
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
- Top 3 tips to create a multi-channel strategy that works
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...