News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Packaged messages more engaging to consumers
During the planning stages of that next video campaign, brands may want to give more thought to the packaging of the message and how it is delivered. A new report from Synaptic Digital and Kantar Video finds that consumers have a better perception of packaged ads; they also found that men and woman are consuming video content differently.
Data from comScore finds that more than 176 million US consumers tuned in to online video during the month of May, watching an average of 15 hours per viewer. For the month there were nearly 6 million viewing sessions. Most are tuning in to video through YouTube/Google sites, but VEVO, Yahoo and Facebook are also pushing plenty of video traffic. Advertising-wise, Hulu continues to generate the most ad viewing impressions with just over 1 billion ads served.
Women, the Kantar study found, process messages delivered in different formats, which causes a lift in awareness but that men aren't processing multi-channel delivery any differently.
"When consumers are in the market to purchase, their appetite for facts to help make an informed buying decision is best served by the information made available through the Earned and Paid message formats," said Jim Lonergan, CEO and President, Synaptic Digital.
Other interesting findings include:
News-type packaged ads are more engaging to viewership
'Earned' ads are better at increasing brand awareness metrics
'Paid' ads are better at increasing persuasion metrics
Women are more responsive with Paid, Earned and Brand executions
The best exposure sequence was: Paid - Brand - Earned
- Study: Nearly one-third say they 'don't do enough' to internationalize their business
- Millennials say the right content drives brand loyalty
- Consumers not impressed by engagement of branded apps
- Online shoppers excited about possibility of drone deliveries
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
- Survey highlights importance of returns process to consumer loyalty
- 45% of marketers to invest in events during 2015
- Barclays Bank launches Twitter payments
Featured White Papers
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...