News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Packaged messages more engaging to consumers
During the planning stages of that next video campaign, brands may want to give more thought to the packaging of the message and how it is delivered. A new report from Synaptic Digital and Kantar Video finds that consumers have a better perception of packaged ads; they also found that men and woman are consuming video content differently.
Data from comScore finds that more than 176 million US consumers tuned in to online video during the month of May, watching an average of 15 hours per viewer. For the month there were nearly 6 million viewing sessions. Most are tuning in to video through YouTube/Google sites, but VEVO, Yahoo and Facebook are also pushing plenty of video traffic. Advertising-wise, Hulu continues to generate the most ad viewing impressions with just over 1 billion ads served.
Women, the Kantar study found, process messages delivered in different formats, which causes a lift in awareness but that men aren't processing multi-channel delivery any differently.
"When consumers are in the market to purchase, their appetite for facts to help make an informed buying decision is best served by the information made available through the Earned and Paid message formats," said Jim Lonergan, CEO and President, Synaptic Digital.
Other interesting findings include:
News-type packaged ads are more engaging to viewership
'Earned' ads are better at increasing brand awareness metrics
'Paid' ads are better at increasing persuasion metrics
Women are more responsive with Paid, Earned and Brand executions
The best exposure sequence was: Paid - Brand - Earned
- Ecommerce Roundup: As digital increases, so does fraud
- Survey: Health Lifestyle grabs consumer interest
- Alibaba forms alliance with big brands to fight counterfeiting
- Expert: What marketers need to know about RegTech
- Mobile 'click injection' fraud forecast to become prevalent in 2017
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...