News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Packaged messages more engaging to consumers
During the planning stages of that next video campaign, brands may want to give more thought to the packaging of the message and how it is delivered. A new report from Synaptic Digital and Kantar Video finds that consumers have a better perception of packaged ads; they also found that men and woman are consuming video content differently.
Data from comScore finds that more than 176 million US consumers tuned in to online video during the month of May, watching an average of 15 hours per viewer. For the month there were nearly 6 million viewing sessions. Most are tuning in to video through YouTube/Google sites, but VEVO, Yahoo and Facebook are also pushing plenty of video traffic. Advertising-wise, Hulu continues to generate the most ad viewing impressions with just over 1 billion ads served.
Women, the Kantar study found, process messages delivered in different formats, which causes a lift in awareness but that men aren't processing multi-channel delivery any differently.
"When consumers are in the market to purchase, their appetite for facts to help make an informed buying decision is best served by the information made available through the Earned and Paid message formats," said Jim Lonergan, CEO and President, Synaptic Digital.
Other interesting findings include:
News-type packaged ads are more engaging to viewership
'Earned' ads are better at increasing brand awareness metrics
'Paid' ads are better at increasing persuasion metrics
Women are more responsive with Paid, Earned and Brand executions
The best exposure sequence was: Paid - Brand - Earned
- Millennials: Speed and high-quality images the difference between bounce or buy on mobile
- Which products have the highest online browse-to-buy correlation?
- Study dispels myth of what motivates brand advocates
- Survey: Product reviews influence more than half of shoppers
- Consumers turning from coupon clipping to coupon clicking
- Survey: Mobile security a risk for SMBs
- How multi-screens are changing brand interactions
- Ad RoundUp: Tapping into data solutions
Featured White Papers
- 7 ways the mobile consumer changes everything infographic
Download the infographic "7 Ways the Mobile Consumer Changes Everything" to learn how to optimize your web content for mobile,...
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...