News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study finds Facebook pages very valuable for ecomm
When it comes to having a social presence, the value may be in Facebook's pages than in other social networking profiles. Just over half of consumers tell Compete researchers than they are using Facebook to stay up to date with favorite retailers' products, sales and other deals. Moreover, those consumers using Facebook to stay in contact with brands say Facebook pages are influential in their purchasing decisions.
How much play are branded social profiles actually getting? Compete looked at the traffic to the iTunes domain and then to the iTunes Facebook page, which is used as a store, and found that the Facebook page captured more traffic than the official domain during February.
"Nearly half of consumers in the study reported that they are a fan of five or more retailers/brands on Facebook, so the opportunity for retailers may be largely untapped. As more data is available to retailers about the benefits of engaging shoppers on Facebook, we'll likely see more emerging strategies to enable brands to more aggressively tap into this opportunity," said Matt Pace, Compete managing director of retail and consumer products.
How often are shoppers tuning in to the social pages of their favorite brands? One-quarter (25%) say they check in at least monthly.
Meanwhile, Hitwise research shows that Facebook remains the top visited US website, with a 10.79% visit share, and the top US social network (62% visit share). No retail sites show up in the most visited websites listing, however, video hub YouTube ranks third (3.8% visit share). Search engines and web-based email hubs Gmail and Windows Live Mail are also in the top ten.
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....