News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study finds Facebook pages very valuable for ecomm
When it comes to having a social presence, the value may be in Facebook's pages than in other social networking profiles. Just over half of consumers tell Compete researchers than they are using Facebook to stay up to date with favorite retailers' products, sales and other deals. Moreover, those consumers using Facebook to stay in contact with brands say Facebook pages are influential in their purchasing decisions.
How much play are branded social profiles actually getting? Compete looked at the traffic to the iTunes domain and then to the iTunes Facebook page, which is used as a store, and found that the Facebook page captured more traffic than the official domain during February.
"Nearly half of consumers in the study reported that they are a fan of five or more retailers/brands on Facebook, so the opportunity for retailers may be largely untapped. As more data is available to retailers about the benefits of engaging shoppers on Facebook, we'll likely see more emerging strategies to enable brands to more aggressively tap into this opportunity," said Matt Pace, Compete managing director of retail and consumer products.
How often are shoppers tuning in to the social pages of their favorite brands? One-quarter (25%) say they check in at least monthly.
Meanwhile, Hitwise research shows that Facebook remains the top visited US website, with a 10.79% visit share, and the top US social network (62% visit share). No retail sites show up in the most visited websites listing, however, video hub YouTube ranks third (3.8% visit share). Search engines and web-based email hubs Gmail and Windows Live Mail are also in the top ten.
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...