News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study finds Facebook pages very valuable for ecomm
When it comes to having a social presence, the value may be in Facebook's pages than in other social networking profiles. Just over half of consumers tell Compete researchers than they are using Facebook to stay up to date with favorite retailers' products, sales and other deals. Moreover, those consumers using Facebook to stay in contact with brands say Facebook pages are influential in their purchasing decisions.
How much play are branded social profiles actually getting? Compete looked at the traffic to the iTunes domain and then to the iTunes Facebook page, which is used as a store, and found that the Facebook page captured more traffic than the official domain during February.
"Nearly half of consumers in the study reported that they are a fan of five or more retailers/brands on Facebook, so the opportunity for retailers may be largely untapped. As more data is available to retailers about the benefits of engaging shoppers on Facebook, we'll likely see more emerging strategies to enable brands to more aggressively tap into this opportunity," said Matt Pace, Compete managing director of retail and consumer products.
How often are shoppers tuning in to the social pages of their favorite brands? One-quarter (25%) say they check in at least monthly.
Meanwhile, Hitwise research shows that Facebook remains the top visited US website, with a 10.79% visit share, and the top US social network (62% visit share). No retail sites show up in the most visited websites listing, however, video hub YouTube ranks third (3.8% visit share). Search engines and web-based email hubs Gmail and Windows Live Mail are also in the top ten.
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...