News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study finds Facebook pages very valuable for ecomm
When it comes to having a social presence, the value may be in Facebook's pages than in other social networking profiles. Just over half of consumers tell Compete researchers than they are using Facebook to stay up to date with favorite retailers' products, sales and other deals. Moreover, those consumers using Facebook to stay in contact with brands say Facebook pages are influential in their purchasing decisions.
How much play are branded social profiles actually getting? Compete looked at the traffic to the iTunes domain and then to the iTunes Facebook page, which is used as a store, and found that the Facebook page captured more traffic than the official domain during February.
"Nearly half of consumers in the study reported that they are a fan of five or more retailers/brands on Facebook, so the opportunity for retailers may be largely untapped. As more data is available to retailers about the benefits of engaging shoppers on Facebook, we'll likely see more emerging strategies to enable brands to more aggressively tap into this opportunity," said Matt Pace, Compete managing director of retail and consumer products.
How often are shoppers tuning in to the social pages of their favorite brands? One-quarter (25%) say they check in at least monthly.
Meanwhile, Hitwise research shows that Facebook remains the top visited US website, with a 10.79% visit share, and the top US social network (62% visit share). No retail sites show up in the most visited websites listing, however, video hub YouTube ranks third (3.8% visit share). Search engines and web-based email hubs Gmail and Windows Live Mail are also in the top ten.
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...