News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook tool allows email collection from Pages
Recent research suggests that brands on Facebook are missing out on the opportunity to collect email addresses from their Page fans. New technology developed by a partnership between Vitrue and MailChimp makes email collection via the social network easy.
The new tool allows brands to incorporate an email sign-up tool on Facebook Pages using Virtue Tabs. Email registration is opt-in and confirmation emails are dispatched after a Facebook sign-up is received.
"Adding a MailChimp module lets a brand's Facebook fans quickly connect to an email list, allowing conversations to continue outside of Facebook," said MailChimp in a recent announcement.
A recent survey by SilverPop found that, despite brands' email subscribers significantly outnumbering their Facebook Likes by about 70-to-1, just 10% of brand Pages provide a way for Fans to opt-in to receive email.
Their findings suggest little urgency among marketers to add an opt-in email mechanism to their Facebook Pages. Just 38% intend to do so and 22% have no plans at all.
Whether email collection is done via an embedded form or a link to an external webpage appears to make little difference.
After 14,000 clicks and 5,700 email sign-ups a test by digital agency Blue State Digital revealed that the conversion rates for both options were almost identical - 38.5% for the external link and 38.4% for the Facebook Page embedded form.
"With over 98% statistical significance, we concluded that there is virtually no difference in conversion rates between an email signup form embedded on a website and one embedded on a Facebook Page," said Evan Moody, online advertising associate at Blue State Digital.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...