News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook tool allows email collection from Pages
Recent research suggests that brands on Facebook are missing out on the opportunity to collect email addresses from their Page fans. New technology developed by a partnership between Vitrue and MailChimp makes email collection via the social network easy.
The new tool allows brands to incorporate an email sign-up tool on Facebook Pages using Virtue Tabs. Email registration is opt-in and confirmation emails are dispatched after a Facebook sign-up is received.
"Adding a MailChimp module lets a brand's Facebook fans quickly connect to an email list, allowing conversations to continue outside of Facebook," said MailChimp in a recent announcement.
A recent survey by SilverPop found that, despite brands' email subscribers significantly outnumbering their Facebook Likes by about 70-to-1, just 10% of brand Pages provide a way for Fans to opt-in to receive email.
Their findings suggest little urgency among marketers to add an opt-in email mechanism to their Facebook Pages. Just 38% intend to do so and 22% have no plans at all.
Whether email collection is done via an embedded form or a link to an external webpage appears to make little difference.
After 14,000 clicks and 5,700 email sign-ups a test by digital agency Blue State Digital revealed that the conversion rates for both options were almost identical - 38.5% for the external link and 38.4% for the Facebook Page embedded form.
"With over 98% statistical significance, we concluded that there is virtually no difference in conversion rates between an email signup form embedded on a website and one embedded on a Facebook Page," said Evan Moody, online advertising associate at Blue State Digital.
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
- Top 3 tips to create a multi-channel strategy that works
Featured White Papers
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...