News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook tool allows email collection from Pages
Recent research suggests that brands on Facebook are missing out on the opportunity to collect email addresses from their Page fans. New technology developed by a partnership between Vitrue and MailChimp makes email collection via the social network easy.
The new tool allows brands to incorporate an email sign-up tool on Facebook Pages using Virtue Tabs. Email registration is opt-in and confirmation emails are dispatched after a Facebook sign-up is received.
"Adding a MailChimp module lets a brand's Facebook fans quickly connect to an email list, allowing conversations to continue outside of Facebook," said MailChimp in a recent announcement.
A recent survey by SilverPop found that, despite brands' email subscribers significantly outnumbering their Facebook Likes by about 70-to-1, just 10% of brand Pages provide a way for Fans to opt-in to receive email.
Their findings suggest little urgency among marketers to add an opt-in email mechanism to their Facebook Pages. Just 38% intend to do so and 22% have no plans at all.
Whether email collection is done via an embedded form or a link to an external webpage appears to make little difference.
After 14,000 clicks and 5,700 email sign-ups a test by digital agency Blue State Digital revealed that the conversion rates for both options were almost identical - 38.5% for the external link and 38.4% for the Facebook Page embedded form.
"With over 98% statistical significance, we concluded that there is virtually no difference in conversion rates between an email signup form embedded on a website and one embedded on a Facebook Page," said Evan Moody, online advertising associate at Blue State Digital.
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....