News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook tool allows email collection from Pages
Recent research suggests that brands on Facebook are missing out on the opportunity to collect email addresses from their Page fans. New technology developed by a partnership between Vitrue and MailChimp makes email collection via the social network easy.
The new tool allows brands to incorporate an email sign-up tool on Facebook Pages using Virtue Tabs. Email registration is opt-in and confirmation emails are dispatched after a Facebook sign-up is received.
"Adding a MailChimp module lets a brand's Facebook fans quickly connect to an email list, allowing conversations to continue outside of Facebook," said MailChimp in a recent announcement.
A recent survey by SilverPop found that, despite brands' email subscribers significantly outnumbering their Facebook Likes by about 70-to-1, just 10% of brand Pages provide a way for Fans to opt-in to receive email.
Their findings suggest little urgency among marketers to add an opt-in email mechanism to their Facebook Pages. Just 38% intend to do so and 22% have no plans at all.
Whether email collection is done via an embedded form or a link to an external webpage appears to make little difference.
After 14,000 clicks and 5,700 email sign-ups a test by digital agency Blue State Digital revealed that the conversion rates for both options were almost identical - 38.5% for the external link and 38.4% for the Facebook Page embedded form.
"With over 98% statistical significance, we concluded that there is virtually no difference in conversion rates between an email signup form embedded on a website and one embedded on a Facebook Page," said Evan Moody, online advertising associate at Blue State Digital.
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- "Abandon Cart Emails" - Why We Don't Buy
For this paper, sponsored by Magento and Bronto Software, over 1,000 online shoppers were surveyed about their awareness of shopping...
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...