News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
US Transportation Department employs QR Codes
The U.S. Transportation Department and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency have unveiled new designs for the fuel efficiency information labels found on new vehicles. Those labels will feature QR Codes.
The vehicle information labels found on the windows of new cars are getting a much-needed makeover. More consideration is being given to fuel-efficiency concerns driven by rises in fuel prices and they've even been pimped with some 21st century technology.
The new label will give consumers more detailed fuel efficiency information including estimated fuel costs for the year, illustrated estimated savings, and information about the vehicle's environmental impact.
But not everybody's driving habits are the same, and that's where QR Codes come into play. Consumers with smartphones can scan the QR Code to be taken to a website where personal driving data can be entered to obtain personalized vehicle fuel consumption data.
"These new labels will make it much easier for car shoppers to compare vehicles for fuel efficiency, and given the price of gas these days, that's a big plus," said Jim Guest, the President and CEO of Consumers Union.
"Providing consumers with clear, accessible, and comparative information is a critical goal for us at Consumer Reports, and we see these new fuel-economy labels as advancing that goal, especially when people are feeling pinched at the pump."
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
- BlueKai rolls out 3rd party data options
- Reports: Social, Cloud offering assist to small businesses
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...