News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Fall launch for Visa's digital wallet
Visa has announced it is developing a digital wallet that will enable faster checkouts both online and in-store.
Scheduled to be released this coming Fall, Visa's digital wallet will enable smartphone and computer users to add compatible cards that can be used online or at stores equipped with credit-card terminals, negating the need to carry the physical card.
Online shopping and shopping via mobile devices will become quicker and easier for users of a digital wallet. Instead of the lengthy process of filling out a billing address, account number, and expiry date users need only key in their email address or online ID along with a password.
In addition, Visa provides users of their digital wallet with something close to the heart of today's digitally connected consumer - control over privacy and preference management.
"We are introducing new solutions for e-commerce and mobile devices that provide the same 'Visa-quality' experience - convenience, reliability and security - people enjoy when using their Visa cards at a retail location," said Visa CEO Joseph Saunders.
"In doing so, we are accelerating the global shift to digital payments by harnessing our brand, products, network and 50-plus years of payments experience."
Banks that are currently supported by Visa's digital wallet include U.S. Bancorp, TD Bank Group, BB&T Corp., PNC Bank and Barclaycard U.S.
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...