News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: Mobile check-ins on the up with younger consumers
When it comes to mobile usage, change is in the air. According to new data from comScore, consumers are using more mobile media. They are checking in to social networks, using mobile apps as well as mobile browsers and generally staying connected for longer periods of time.
According to the report nearly 60% of 18-34 year old smartphone users are checking in from their mobile devices to platforms such as Gowalla, Foursquare and Facebook Places. Overall nearly 20% of smartphone consumers are using check in services from their devices, so clearly the rapid adoption is from younger users.
The check in are most likely to be used by students, although 46% are full-time employees and most are Android users (36%). Apple consumers account for 33% of check in service users while RIM accounts for about 22%.
Why is this important? Because these consumers are also likely to be heavy mobile media users, which means they are doing many different things from their mobile devices - they are reading content, using applications, accessing news or even shopping.
Meanwhile, data from Conduit indicates that more publishers are keying in to apps for content distribution, a good thing since consumers are doing so much from mobile devices. Conduit's network of web and mobile app publishers include not just content brands but celebrities. For instance, one new app allows users to download tennis star Venus Williams' official toolbar - complete with images, updated news and videos from the star.
"These last few months have marked incredible growth in the Conduit Network of publishers and users," said Conduit president Adam Boyden. "Our easy-to-use platform is in demand across industries as diverse as professional sports, travel, charities, gaming, education, and medical. The addition of these offerings from truly global brands speaks volumes about the growing influence and power of Conduit."
Conduit's platform boasts more than 230 million users.
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...