News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Benchmark Data: Floaters pushing interactions, click thrus
With consumers finding the bulk of their content, both video and written, online, more advertisers are headed into the space. With the mass introduction, some fear advertising blindness will set in and that consumers will begin ignoring ads altogether. New data from PointRoll may point advertisers in a new direction with online campaigns.
New metrics from comScore show that 1.1 trillion display ad impressions were served online during Q1 2011. As more advertisers come online, following consumers, that number will increase.
PointRoll's 2010 Benchmark Report is out, and finds that interaction and click through rates with some forms of online advertising are actually on the increase. Specifically Floating Formats, but some other formats are also seeing increases. The report shows that pre-expandable units have a 7.31% interaction rate with Anchored Floats hanging around 6.98% interaction and Over The Page (OTP) floats at just under 5%.
The real eye-catcher in this report, though, is the interaction time. For expandable, pre-expandable and anchored floats, the interaction time was over 15 seconds. As for the type of ads consumers were most interested in, gaming ads were near the top.
According to the report:
• Audio ads were the top with a 5.95% interaction rate
• Gaming type ads had a 5.91% interaction rate
• File Downloads (5.51%) and Instant Email (5.50%) were also popular
• Audio ads rated a 16.06 second interaction time
• Gaming ads had a 15.95 second interaction
For click through rates (CTR), gaming ads were also near the top. File downloads led with a 1.01% CTR. Instant Email (.97% CTR) and Gaming (.93% CTR) were also in the top three.
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....