News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Benchmark Data: Floaters pushing interactions, click thrus
With consumers finding the bulk of their content, both video and written, online, more advertisers are headed into the space. With the mass introduction, some fear advertising blindness will set in and that consumers will begin ignoring ads altogether. New data from PointRoll may point advertisers in a new direction with online campaigns.
New metrics from comScore show that 1.1 trillion display ad impressions were served online during Q1 2011. As more advertisers come online, following consumers, that number will increase.
PointRoll's 2010 Benchmark Report is out, and finds that interaction and click through rates with some forms of online advertising are actually on the increase. Specifically Floating Formats, but some other formats are also seeing increases. The report shows that pre-expandable units have a 7.31% interaction rate with Anchored Floats hanging around 6.98% interaction and Over The Page (OTP) floats at just under 5%.
The real eye-catcher in this report, though, is the interaction time. For expandable, pre-expandable and anchored floats, the interaction time was over 15 seconds. As for the type of ads consumers were most interested in, gaming ads were near the top.
According to the report:
• Audio ads were the top with a 5.95% interaction rate
• Gaming type ads had a 5.91% interaction rate
• File Downloads (5.51%) and Instant Email (5.50%) were also popular
• Audio ads rated a 16.06 second interaction time
• Gaming ads had a 15.95 second interaction
For click through rates (CTR), gaming ads were also near the top. File downloads led with a 1.01% CTR. Instant Email (.97% CTR) and Gaming (.93% CTR) were also in the top three.
- Report: Facebook tops Google for display growth
- Top 3 tips to improve document search
- Ad Roundup: SaaS, partnerships and increased feedback
- Facebook increases push to ecommerce
- Do you really want 5-star product reviews?
- Survey: Half-million spent to recover from cyber attacks
- Ad Roundup: Trio of releases for small businesses
- Third of Brits struggling to cope with data overload
Featured White Papers
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...