News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Benchmark Data: Floaters pushing interactions, click thrus
With consumers finding the bulk of their content, both video and written, online, more advertisers are headed into the space. With the mass introduction, some fear advertising blindness will set in and that consumers will begin ignoring ads altogether. New data from PointRoll may point advertisers in a new direction with online campaigns.
New metrics from comScore show that 1.1 trillion display ad impressions were served online during Q1 2011. As more advertisers come online, following consumers, that number will increase.
PointRoll's 2010 Benchmark Report is out, and finds that interaction and click through rates with some forms of online advertising are actually on the increase. Specifically Floating Formats, but some other formats are also seeing increases. The report shows that pre-expandable units have a 7.31% interaction rate with Anchored Floats hanging around 6.98% interaction and Over The Page (OTP) floats at just under 5%.
The real eye-catcher in this report, though, is the interaction time. For expandable, pre-expandable and anchored floats, the interaction time was over 15 seconds. As for the type of ads consumers were most interested in, gaming ads were near the top.
According to the report:
• Audio ads were the top with a 5.95% interaction rate
• Gaming type ads had a 5.91% interaction rate
• File Downloads (5.51%) and Instant Email (5.50%) were also popular
• Audio ads rated a 16.06 second interaction time
• Gaming ads had a 15.95 second interaction
For click through rates (CTR), gaming ads were also near the top. File downloads led with a 1.01% CTR. Instant Email (.97% CTR) and Gaming (.93% CTR) were also in the top three.
- Report reveals men's emerging role in household supermarket shopping chore
- How data will impact businesses in 2014
- Report: Social pushing coupon search, use
- Platforms enhance mobile experience
- Few marketers plan for social media negativity
- Report highlights mobile's role in hotel customer experience
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....