News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Benchmark Data: Floaters pushing interactions, click thrus
With consumers finding the bulk of their content, both video and written, online, more advertisers are headed into the space. With the mass introduction, some fear advertising blindness will set in and that consumers will begin ignoring ads altogether. New data from PointRoll may point advertisers in a new direction with online campaigns.
New metrics from comScore show that 1.1 trillion display ad impressions were served online during Q1 2011. As more advertisers come online, following consumers, that number will increase.
PointRoll's 2010 Benchmark Report is out, and finds that interaction and click through rates with some forms of online advertising are actually on the increase. Specifically Floating Formats, but some other formats are also seeing increases. The report shows that pre-expandable units have a 7.31% interaction rate with Anchored Floats hanging around 6.98% interaction and Over The Page (OTP) floats at just under 5%.
The real eye-catcher in this report, though, is the interaction time. For expandable, pre-expandable and anchored floats, the interaction time was over 15 seconds. As for the type of ads consumers were most interested in, gaming ads were near the top.
According to the report:
• Audio ads were the top with a 5.95% interaction rate
• Gaming type ads had a 5.91% interaction rate
• File Downloads (5.51%) and Instant Email (5.50%) were also popular
• Audio ads rated a 16.06 second interaction time
• Gaming ads had a 15.95 second interaction
For click through rates (CTR), gaming ads were also near the top. File downloads led with a 1.01% CTR. Instant Email (.97% CTR) and Gaming (.93% CTR) were also in the top three.
- Demandbase: What won't happen in 2015
- Ecommerce Roundup: Shoppers findings leads on social media
- Report: Analysis high on B2Bers New Year List
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...