News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Where are people viewing the most video ads?
According to new figures from comScore the most video ads are viewed on Hulu, while Google continues to attract the most viewers.
The latest comScore Video Metrix revealed that overall 174 million Internet users, just over 83% of the total online US population, watched online video content in March with an average of 14.8 hours per viewer.
That's 3 million more users than in the previous month and just over an hour's more viewing time.
Furthermore, video ads accounted for 12.7% of all ads viewed online in March, revealed comScore, with the average ad lasting 24 seconds.
The site that delivered the most video ad impressions in March was Hulu, accounting for 1.2 billion out of an overall 4.3 billion video ads viewed. Hulu delivered 520 minutes of video ad viewing, found comScore, out of a total 1.9 billion minutes watched in the U.S. during March.
Tremor Media was second to Hulu with 803.4 million video ad views followed by Adap.tv with 553 million and Brightroll with 398 million.
In terms of online video content Google Sites/YouTube was top with 143.2 million unique viewers. AOL made a massive leap from down in seventh place in February to take second place with 57 million viewers. Yahoo Sites was in third place with 56.4 million viewers.
According to comScore, in March "the duration of the average online content video was 5.2 minutes, while the average online video ad was 0.4 minutes."
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
- Consumers expect shopping experience to be revolutionized by wearable tech
- Highest online parcel volume recorded in October 2015
- How to convince wary app users to share location data
- How to protect against fake reviews
- 3 IT trends to watch in 2016
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...