News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Where are people viewing the most video ads?
According to new figures from comScore the most video ads are viewed on Hulu, while Google continues to attract the most viewers.
The latest comScore Video Metrix revealed that overall 174 million Internet users, just over 83% of the total online US population, watched online video content in March with an average of 14.8 hours per viewer.
That's 3 million more users than in the previous month and just over an hour's more viewing time.
Furthermore, video ads accounted for 12.7% of all ads viewed online in March, revealed comScore, with the average ad lasting 24 seconds.
The site that delivered the most video ad impressions in March was Hulu, accounting for 1.2 billion out of an overall 4.3 billion video ads viewed. Hulu delivered 520 minutes of video ad viewing, found comScore, out of a total 1.9 billion minutes watched in the U.S. during March.
Tremor Media was second to Hulu with 803.4 million video ad views followed by Adap.tv with 553 million and Brightroll with 398 million.
In terms of online video content Google Sites/YouTube was top with 143.2 million unique viewers. AOL made a massive leap from down in seventh place in February to take second place with 57 million viewers. Yahoo Sites was in third place with 56.4 million viewers.
According to comScore, in March "the duration of the average online content video was 5.2 minutes, while the average online video ad was 0.4 minutes."
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...