News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Where are people viewing the most video ads?
According to new figures from comScore the most video ads are viewed on Hulu, while Google continues to attract the most viewers.
The latest comScore Video Metrix revealed that overall 174 million Internet users, just over 83% of the total online US population, watched online video content in March with an average of 14.8 hours per viewer.
That's 3 million more users than in the previous month and just over an hour's more viewing time.
Furthermore, video ads accounted for 12.7% of all ads viewed online in March, revealed comScore, with the average ad lasting 24 seconds.
The site that delivered the most video ad impressions in March was Hulu, accounting for 1.2 billion out of an overall 4.3 billion video ads viewed. Hulu delivered 520 minutes of video ad viewing, found comScore, out of a total 1.9 billion minutes watched in the U.S. during March.
Tremor Media was second to Hulu with 803.4 million video ad views followed by Adap.tv with 553 million and Brightroll with 398 million.
In terms of online video content Google Sites/YouTube was top with 143.2 million unique viewers. AOL made a massive leap from down in seventh place in February to take second place with 57 million viewers. Yahoo Sites was in third place with 56.4 million viewers.
According to comScore, in March "the duration of the average online content video was 5.2 minutes, while the average online video ad was 0.4 minutes."
- Report highlights mobile's role in hotel customer experience
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
- Report: In social the ladies rule the world
- Research reveals consumers juggle multiple devices throughout the day
- Getty Images makes millions of images free to embed
- Americans abandon purchases in-store after 8 minutes waiting in line
- Euclid: February sales less than lovely
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....