News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Where are people viewing the most video ads?
According to new figures from comScore the most video ads are viewed on Hulu, while Google continues to attract the most viewers.
The latest comScore Video Metrix revealed that overall 174 million Internet users, just over 83% of the total online US population, watched online video content in March with an average of 14.8 hours per viewer.
That's 3 million more users than in the previous month and just over an hour's more viewing time.
Furthermore, video ads accounted for 12.7% of all ads viewed online in March, revealed comScore, with the average ad lasting 24 seconds.
The site that delivered the most video ad impressions in March was Hulu, accounting for 1.2 billion out of an overall 4.3 billion video ads viewed. Hulu delivered 520 minutes of video ad viewing, found comScore, out of a total 1.9 billion minutes watched in the U.S. during March.
Tremor Media was second to Hulu with 803.4 million video ad views followed by Adap.tv with 553 million and Brightroll with 398 million.
In terms of online video content Google Sites/YouTube was top with 143.2 million unique viewers. AOL made a massive leap from down in seventh place in February to take second place with 57 million viewers. Yahoo Sites was in third place with 56.4 million viewers.
According to comScore, in March "the duration of the average online content video was 5.2 minutes, while the average online video ad was 0.4 minutes."
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...