News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Where are people viewing the most video ads?
According to new figures from comScore the most video ads are viewed on Hulu, while Google continues to attract the most viewers.
The latest comScore Video Metrix revealed that overall 174 million Internet users, just over 83% of the total online US population, watched online video content in March with an average of 14.8 hours per viewer.
That's 3 million more users than in the previous month and just over an hour's more viewing time.
Furthermore, video ads accounted for 12.7% of all ads viewed online in March, revealed comScore, with the average ad lasting 24 seconds.
The site that delivered the most video ad impressions in March was Hulu, accounting for 1.2 billion out of an overall 4.3 billion video ads viewed. Hulu delivered 520 minutes of video ad viewing, found comScore, out of a total 1.9 billion minutes watched in the U.S. during March.
Tremor Media was second to Hulu with 803.4 million video ad views followed by Adap.tv with 553 million and Brightroll with 398 million.
In terms of online video content Google Sites/YouTube was top with 143.2 million unique viewers. AOL made a massive leap from down in seventh place in February to take second place with 57 million viewers. Yahoo Sites was in third place with 56.4 million viewers.
According to comScore, in March "the duration of the average online content video was 5.2 minutes, while the average online video ad was 0.4 minutes."
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
- Reports: Mobile economy flourishing
- Top 3 trends to push marketers ahead in 2015
- Consumers want marketing email based on previous purchases
- Kenshoo highlights rise in Facebook ad spend
- Study: Americans don't understand their health plan
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...