News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
What audience data can do for you
Recently PubMatic launched a new on demand service for audience data, serving these bits of information in real time. Audience Data on Demand works by connecting publishers with third part audience data to better engage these consumers.
What is the big deal about audience data?
"It's a combination of many things - location, past purchasing, search trends, demographics," said Eric Klotz, Vice President of Marketing with PubMatic. "All of these are valuable individually, but data companies that can combine many of them into unique segments of audiences that advertisers want."
With the PubMatic platform publishers can:
• Determine how third part data providers view audience segments
• Create new advertisers categories based on the new data
• Include advertiser RFPs that might otherwise not be accepted
The data is offered in real time, giving brands insight into what is happening now rather than two weeks or even months ago.
"Data has a shelf-life, and the more real-time it is, the more [that data] will be relevant," said Klotz.
For publishers, having these kinds of details means a bigger premium on advertising and better chance to connect consumers with relevant advertisers. I had the chance to chat with Klotz about the new offering.
"For a regional or national brand, they can better understand the different types of audiences present in different parts of the country," said Klotz. "With that information they can find what premium brand media [people] consumer online and customize their ads accordingly. Combining audience targeting with premium publishers will lead to more effective advertising."
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...