News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
What audience data can do for you
Recently PubMatic launched a new on demand service for audience data, serving these bits of information in real time. Audience Data on Demand works by connecting publishers with third part audience data to better engage these consumers.
What is the big deal about audience data?
"It's a combination of many things - location, past purchasing, search trends, demographics," said Eric Klotz, Vice President of Marketing with PubMatic. "All of these are valuable individually, but data companies that can combine many of them into unique segments of audiences that advertisers want."
With the PubMatic platform publishers can:
• Determine how third part data providers view audience segments
• Create new advertisers categories based on the new data
• Include advertiser RFPs that might otherwise not be accepted
The data is offered in real time, giving brands insight into what is happening now rather than two weeks or even months ago.
"Data has a shelf-life, and the more real-time it is, the more [that data] will be relevant," said Klotz.
For publishers, having these kinds of details means a bigger premium on advertising and better chance to connect consumers with relevant advertisers. I had the chance to chat with Klotz about the new offering.
"For a regional or national brand, they can better understand the different types of audiences present in different parts of the country," said Klotz. "With that information they can find what premium brand media [people] consumer online and customize their ads accordingly. Combining audience targeting with premium publishers will lead to more effective advertising."
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
- JiWire: Mobile engaging travel consumers
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...