News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey finds Americans shopping smarter, not harder
When it comes to saving money, more Americans are turning to coupons to keep some green in their wallets. According to a recent Harris Interactive and Coupons.com survey 95% of Americans are now actively looking for some kind of savings program at the market. Most are either comparison shopping or using coupons to save.
• 72% of Americans are using coupons
• 71% are comparing the unit prices of packages of foods
• 66% are shopping at discount stores
More than half of consumers are also stocking up thanks to sales flyers or other special sales offers and many are now buying in bulk. But, what is perhaps of the most interest is that consumers in higher income brackets are more likely to use coupons or other savings methods than consumers who make less money.
"Food prices are expected to continue to rise this year to potentially all-time highs. Couple that with flat incomes, and increases in pricing of basic items such as food is like taking a pay cut," said Steven Boal, CEO of Coupons.com Incorporated. "Fortunately, consumers are savvier than ever when it comes to stretching budgets, and it's great to see that so many of them will take matters into their own hands when it comes to mitigating the effects of higher food costs."
Women are still more likely than men to utilize coupons or compare the unit prices of packaged goods; meanwhile college educated adults are more likely to use coupons than those without high school degrees.
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
Featured White Papers
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...