News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey finds Americans shopping smarter, not harder
When it comes to saving money, more Americans are turning to coupons to keep some green in their wallets. According to a recent Harris Interactive and Coupons.com survey 95% of Americans are now actively looking for some kind of savings program at the market. Most are either comparison shopping or using coupons to save.
• 72% of Americans are using coupons
• 71% are comparing the unit prices of packages of foods
• 66% are shopping at discount stores
More than half of consumers are also stocking up thanks to sales flyers or other special sales offers and many are now buying in bulk. But, what is perhaps of the most interest is that consumers in higher income brackets are more likely to use coupons or other savings methods than consumers who make less money.
"Food prices are expected to continue to rise this year to potentially all-time highs. Couple that with flat incomes, and increases in pricing of basic items such as food is like taking a pay cut," said Steven Boal, CEO of Coupons.com Incorporated. "Fortunately, consumers are savvier than ever when it comes to stretching budgets, and it's great to see that so many of them will take matters into their own hands when it comes to mitigating the effects of higher food costs."
Women are still more likely than men to utilize coupons or compare the unit prices of packaged goods; meanwhile college educated adults are more likely to use coupons than those without high school degrees.
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...