News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Social marketing goal is to get "Likes"
New research has found that social media budgets are being topped up this year and, for many, the goal is to get as many Facebook "Likes" as they possibly can.
Marketers are increasing their social media budgets in a bid to get more fans to "Like" them, according to a new poll from Effie Worldwide and Mashable.
The poll of agency executives and marketers from companies such as Mini USA, Bank of America and Colgate-Palmolive revealed the growing importance of social media. A whopping 87% said social media was "important" or "very important" to achieving their biggest marketing goal this year.
The majority (70%) of respondents plan to increase their social media budget by more than 10% during 2011. Furthermore, 11.9% of their overall marketing budgets will used for social networking activity, not too far short of the 13% being allocated for television.
Over a third (35%) of those polled cited attracting Facebook "Likes" as their main goal this year.
As well as targeting Facebook users, respondents also want to prioritize increasing their presence on mobile, while a massive 80% said they were planning either iPad-based advertising and/or an iPad app for 2011.
- UK businesses failing to consistently and effectively employ social for customer support
- How to tell if interactions are successful or not
- Report: In case of emergency, try cell
- Retailers failing to maximize use of social shopping websites
- Home pages of retail websites failing to load fast enough
- U.K. ecommerce websites improve delivery options to tap overseas customers
- Forecast: More to invest in multi-screen ads
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
Featured White Papers
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...