News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Social marketing goal is to get "Likes"
New research has found that social media budgets are being topped up this year and, for many, the goal is to get as many Facebook "Likes" as they possibly can.
Marketers are increasing their social media budgets in a bid to get more fans to "Like" them, according to a new poll from Effie Worldwide and Mashable.
The poll of agency executives and marketers from companies such as Mini USA, Bank of America and Colgate-Palmolive revealed the growing importance of social media. A whopping 87% said social media was "important" or "very important" to achieving their biggest marketing goal this year.
The majority (70%) of respondents plan to increase their social media budget by more than 10% during 2011. Furthermore, 11.9% of their overall marketing budgets will used for social networking activity, not too far short of the 13% being allocated for television.
Over a third (35%) of those polled cited attracting Facebook "Likes" as their main goal this year.
As well as targeting Facebook users, respondents also want to prioritize increasing their presence on mobile, while a massive 80% said they were planning either iPad-based advertising and/or an iPad app for 2011.
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...