News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Social marketing goal is to get "Likes"
New research has found that social media budgets are being topped up this year and, for many, the goal is to get as many Facebook "Likes" as they possibly can.
Marketers are increasing their social media budgets in a bid to get more fans to "Like" them, according to a new poll from Effie Worldwide and Mashable.
The poll of agency executives and marketers from companies such as Mini USA, Bank of America and Colgate-Palmolive revealed the growing importance of social media. A whopping 87% said social media was "important" or "very important" to achieving their biggest marketing goal this year.
The majority (70%) of respondents plan to increase their social media budget by more than 10% during 2011. Furthermore, 11.9% of their overall marketing budgets will used for social networking activity, not too far short of the 13% being allocated for television.
Over a third (35%) of those polled cited attracting Facebook "Likes" as their main goal this year.
As well as targeting Facebook users, respondents also want to prioritize increasing their presence on mobile, while a massive 80% said they were planning either iPad-based advertising and/or an iPad app for 2011.
- 'Commuter Commerce' worth £9.3 billion each year
- Research uncovers ways in which Millennials 'game' e-commerce
- Study finds that 'data for discounts' consumer behavior is a fallacy
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for ads, optimization, mobile work
- Top 3 don't's for telecom customer service
- Kahuna: Brands must engage for apps to work
- Research highlights effectiveness of in-app messaging
- Facebook tests 10-second video views and monetization
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...