News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Limit email list churn with Silverpop's new 'Snooze' tool
Email marketing firm Silverpop have come up with a new tool that limits list churn by allowing recipients to temporarily halt the receipt of emails and set a future date upon which to restart receiving them.
Called "Snooze" the tool enables consumers to stay connected with a company but gives them control over when they receive communications.
For instance, a consumer who only buys flowers around Valentine's Day may not want to receive emails from florists all year round and may unsubscribe from what are seen as irrelevant emails for the majority of the year.
Instead of unsubscribing, Silverpop's Snooze tool allows that consumer to turn off emails from the florist until such time as they are needed.
Recipients remain opted in and will resume their place in any active campaigns at the end of their chosen Snooze period.
The Snooze button is located on the landing page that companies direct consumers to via an email's "unsubscribe" link.
"Successful marketers listen to what contacts tell them, and sometimes they want to tell you that your information is still valuable, but now just isn't the right time," explained Silverpop's VP of industry relations, Loren McDonald.
"By allowing them to Snooze, you not only save the relationship, but you remind them that you care about their preferences - which goes a long way in building customer loyalty."
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
- BlueKai rolls out 3rd party data options
- Reports: Social, Cloud offering assist to small businesses
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...