News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Limit email list churn with Silverpop's new 'Snooze' tool
Email marketing firm Silverpop have come up with a new tool that limits list churn by allowing recipients to temporarily halt the receipt of emails and set a future date upon which to restart receiving them.
Called "Snooze" the tool enables consumers to stay connected with a company but gives them control over when they receive communications.
For instance, a consumer who only buys flowers around Valentine's Day may not want to receive emails from florists all year round and may unsubscribe from what are seen as irrelevant emails for the majority of the year.
Instead of unsubscribing, Silverpop's Snooze tool allows that consumer to turn off emails from the florist until such time as they are needed.
Recipients remain opted in and will resume their place in any active campaigns at the end of their chosen Snooze period.
The Snooze button is located on the landing page that companies direct consumers to via an email's "unsubscribe" link.
"Successful marketers listen to what contacts tell them, and sometimes they want to tell you that your information is still valuable, but now just isn't the right time," explained Silverpop's VP of industry relations, Loren McDonald.
"By allowing them to Snooze, you not only save the relationship, but you remind them that you care about their preferences - which goes a long way in building customer loyalty."
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...