News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to use email in green marketing
Email might be considered the first massive green undertaking. With email consumers and businesses alike can send and receive messages, share information and talk. But many brands aren't take full advantage of green-email marketing efforts. Here are a few ideas to help your brand.
First, some details on paper use from a consumer prospective. According to data from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) if US consumers sent one less greeting card more than 50,000 cubic yards of paper would be saved. That is the equivalent of up to 100,000 trees saved.
E-cards and greeting sites have captured a lot of consumer interest over the past ten years, one new offering may increase that corner of the greeting card marketing again. Called TreeMail, the hub allows consumers to carve a message into a virtual tree and then share the message through social networks and email. While intended for consumers, this is one example of how a brand could create a green canvas in which consumers could share messages and ideas of green living. An example of the app can be found at Country Living magazine.
From a business standpoint, some experts believe that businesses use between 1% and 3% of revenues on printing costs - costs that could be cut by using email or other online communication - like social networking or texting.
Campaigner's Melanie Attia suggests:
• Promote your good deed in your email campaigns. While it may not make a difference to everyone on your opt-in list, there are many consumers who prefer to develop relationships with businesses that participate in the green movement and will choose to buy your products or services because of it.
• Remind your readers that instead of printing, they should consider forwarding your email, news or promotions to friends. Remind them that if their network of friends and family choose emails instead of direct mail, we will be that much closer to the billion acts of green.
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
- Unilever to up digital spend following display ad trial
- FreeWheel: Video ad views up 24% YoY
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...