News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Videobox platform turns display into video
A new release from Casale Media may change the way marketers look at standard display advertising. Called Videobox, the release turns existing premium display ad inventory into 'video-ready media'. The exapandable ad units create a branded experience with interactivity such as social sharing and video player frame controls.
"Video advertising evokes a more emotional response from users, which is what online display advertising needs more of. If advertisers can deliver that in creative and easy ways at scale, they will extract far more value from their display ad dollars," said Joseph Casale, CEO of Casale Media. "Video advertising should be a key part in major brands' campaigns. Combining this opportunity with high quality inventory and audience data creates an impressive synergy that makes Casale Media and our agency partners stand out to advertisers."
How big is the video opportunity? Metrics firm comScore reports more than 3.8 billion video ads were viewed in February 2011, totaling 1.6 billion minutes of viewing time (total viewership). Video ads reach about 42% of the online population in the US, and yet consumers are watching only about 30 ads per month. For actual video content, consumers are spending about 816 minutes per person watching more than 5 billion video streams.
Casale Media's new platform gives the user control, which should offer a better customer experience, while generating high-average CPMs for publishers. Plus, the user stays on-site rather than being transferred to another location to watch the clip, that makes it simple to return to the publisher for more content.
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...