News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Starbucks racks up 3 million mobile payment app users
Earlier this year I reported the launch of Starbucks' branded mobile payment system. A couple of months down the road, and millions are getting their caffeine fix with a wave of their mobile device.
In January, Starbucks rolled out mobile payments to 6,800 of its stores and around 1,000 Target-based locations after successful tests in Seattle, Northern California, New York and hundreds of select Target stores across the U.S.
The mobile payment service can be used by Starbucks customers who download the free Starbucks Card mobile app. After crediting the card via credit card users can pay for their cappuccino or frappe with a simple wave of their mobile in front of a scanner at the checkout.
According to USA Today, Starbucks' mobile payment service has been a real hit with customers. Starbucks' CEO Howard Shultz announced to shareholders last week that three million customers had so far used it.
At the time of writing no Android version of Starbucks' app is available.
- Binge-viewing is booming but it is a lonely activity
- IAB UK: Not all ad blockers want to block all ads
- Top 4 tips to reduce holiday fraud
- Expert: How telecoms can do better at customer service
- Survey: Students, parents say localization key to buying
- Corporate Visions release powers insights-based data
- Neurological study pits digital ads against physical ads
- Mobile-friendly hotels appeal to 9 out of 10 U.S. travelers
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...