News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Starbucks racks up 3 million mobile payment app users
Earlier this year I reported the launch of Starbucks' branded mobile payment system. A couple of months down the road, and millions are getting their caffeine fix with a wave of their mobile device.
In January, Starbucks rolled out mobile payments to 6,800 of its stores and around 1,000 Target-based locations after successful tests in Seattle, Northern California, New York and hundreds of select Target stores across the U.S.
The mobile payment service can be used by Starbucks customers who download the free Starbucks Card mobile app. After crediting the card via credit card users can pay for their cappuccino or frappe with a simple wave of their mobile in front of a scanner at the checkout.
According to USA Today, Starbucks' mobile payment service has been a real hit with customers. Starbucks' CEO Howard Shultz announced to shareholders last week that three million customers had so far used it.
At the time of writing no Android version of Starbucks' app is available.
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
- Consumers prefer SMS to apps for brand communications
- Physical stores still popular with young fashion shoppers
- Britain has more female gamers than male
- Permission-based email marketers still finding inbox placement hard work
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...