News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Social widget use soars 80%
Lijit, a developer of web search widgets and online advertising tools, has this week released figures showing the top widgets used by its publishers. Those figures show adoption of social media widgets grew a whopping 80% last year.
Widgets come in all shapes and sizes such as a clock, a voting poll on a blog, a stock market ticker or a weather forecast. Digg buttons are widgets, as are Tweet and ShareThis buttons.
Lijit's survey found the top widget installed by its publishers was Google, followed by Google Ads, Quantcast, Twitter, the Google JS API, AddThis, Facebook CDN, and Facebook Connect.
Widget adoption specifically related to social sites Twitter and Facebook almost doubled during 2010, rising from 6.96% to 11.86% deployment.
"Online publishing has become a two-way street and those who are most successful have learned to use social media to build highly engaged, conversational communities of readers," said Todd Vernon, CEO and founder of Lijit Networks.
"Social media tools should not only be used to attract new readers but also to engage and retain them by allowing people to post comments, receive feedback, and share relevant information."
Get Satisfaction CTO and co-founder Thor Muller will be hosting a free webcast later on this month in which they will demonstrate how to use widgets to "put your community where your customers are".
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...