News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Marketers to increase social media budgets, despite lack of measurability
Social media has assumed a high importance among marketers, despite most being unsure about the likely return on investment from such activity. Such are the findings of new research from Millward Brown and Dynamic Logic.
A whopping 96% of World Federation of Advertisers members polled for the research are spending more time and money on social media. However, half of them admitted to being unsure of the likely return on that investment and 9% believe the outcome will be "poor".
Over a quarter (27%) of those who have increased their social media efforts have found running fan pages takes more time and money than they had anticipated. The payoff, they say, is additional insight and increased loyalty (cited by 85%), and the opportunity to increase advocacy (80%). Just 9% found their social activities took less time and cost less than expected.
Marketers looking for success from social strategies can't rest on their laurels. They need to keep on their toes and listen to the fans, who are increasingly expecting more out of their interactions with brands.
Regular posts on fan pages, with news and information, and opportunities to interact are vital, concludes the research, as well as variety, community, new product information, contests and, of course, a bit of fun.
"Marketers that don't regularly add new and interesting content to their fan pages and embrace what their fans want from the page are missing out on an opportunity to build loyalty among some of their most important consumers," said Duncan Southgate, Global Innovation Director at Millward Brown.
- Digital Roundup: Free and freemium models launched
- Banking industry figures show silver surfers avid users of Internet, mobile banking
- Top 3 holiday trends than will impact 2015
- Valentine's Surveys: What couples are looking
- Shareholic: Facebook now accounts for 25% of social referrals
- Brand Keys predicts Super Bowl winners, losers
- Top 3 data collection trends for 2015
- ChoiceStream: Sports audiences costing brands more
Featured White Papers
- Build Your Business Case For Social Selling
Are you ready to build your business case for social selling? Do you need some help? Download this PowerPoint deck...
- The High Cost of Free: Does Online Video Quality Influence Consumer Perception of your Brand?
6 Billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube .... That's almost 1 hour for every person on...