News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Marketers to increase social media budgets, despite lack of measurability
Social media has assumed a high importance among marketers, despite most being unsure about the likely return on investment from such activity. Such are the findings of new research from Millward Brown and Dynamic Logic.
A whopping 96% of World Federation of Advertisers members polled for the research are spending more time and money on social media. However, half of them admitted to being unsure of the likely return on that investment and 9% believe the outcome will be "poor".
Over a quarter (27%) of those who have increased their social media efforts have found running fan pages takes more time and money than they had anticipated. The payoff, they say, is additional insight and increased loyalty (cited by 85%), and the opportunity to increase advocacy (80%). Just 9% found their social activities took less time and cost less than expected.
Marketers looking for success from social strategies can't rest on their laurels. They need to keep on their toes and listen to the fans, who are increasingly expecting more out of their interactions with brands.
Regular posts on fan pages, with news and information, and opportunities to interact are vital, concludes the research, as well as variety, community, new product information, contests and, of course, a bit of fun.
"Marketers that don't regularly add new and interesting content to their fan pages and embrace what their fans want from the page are missing out on an opportunity to build loyalty among some of their most important consumers," said Duncan Southgate, Global Innovation Director at Millward Brown.
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...