News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Digital magazines "exploration springboards" for iPad users
There's so much you can do on an iPad - email, gaming, browsing, reading magazines to name a few. Research from publishers Bonnier has found this plethora of activities distracts iPad users to the point where they have trouble focusing on magazine content, but that this could be good for advertisers.
According to Bonnier, readers of magazines on an iPad aren't staying engaged with content and are instead bouncing around between activities.
"If you sit someone down with a magazine, within seconds they're researching the products that they could buy," said Megan Miller, research and development program director at Bonnier. "If they see a snowboard in a snowboarding magazine, they'll bounce over to Amazon to check the prices on it."
While not great news for publishers, who want readers to stay within their publications, advertisers will be cheered by the willingness of readers to use digital magazines as "exploration springboards".
In fact, according to Bonnier, iPad users don't see advertising as an interruption but instead as a relevant part of the digital magazine experience, particularly around topics they are passionate about.
Some of the positive words used to describe advertising included "artistic", "informative", "inspiring", and "fashionable.""
- Shoppers using mobile for BTS shopping
- Study: Most consumers satisfied with e-gift card buys
- Mobile's role in back to school shopping on the rise
- Report reveals tablet preferences and ownership differences between UK, US, and Oz
- Top 3 tips to improve SMS strategy
- Ecommerce Roundup: Platforms to simplify connection
- Reports: Price to factor in most Back to School purchases
- Survey: SMB owners still deciding their vote
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...