News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Digital magazines "exploration springboards" for iPad users
There's so much you can do on an iPad - email, gaming, browsing, reading magazines to name a few. Research from publishers Bonnier has found this plethora of activities distracts iPad users to the point where they have trouble focusing on magazine content, but that this could be good for advertisers.
According to Bonnier, readers of magazines on an iPad aren't staying engaged with content and are instead bouncing around between activities.
"If you sit someone down with a magazine, within seconds they're researching the products that they could buy," said Megan Miller, research and development program director at Bonnier. "If they see a snowboard in a snowboarding magazine, they'll bounce over to Amazon to check the prices on it."
While not great news for publishers, who want readers to stay within their publications, advertisers will be cheered by the willingness of readers to use digital magazines as "exploration springboards".
In fact, according to Bonnier, iPad users don't see advertising as an interruption but instead as a relevant part of the digital magazine experience, particularly around topics they are passionate about.
Some of the positive words used to describe advertising included "artistic", "informative", "inspiring", and "fashionable.""
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...