News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Digital magazines "exploration springboards" for iPad users
There's so much you can do on an iPad - email, gaming, browsing, reading magazines to name a few. Research from publishers Bonnier has found this plethora of activities distracts iPad users to the point where they have trouble focusing on magazine content, but that this could be good for advertisers.
According to Bonnier, readers of magazines on an iPad aren't staying engaged with content and are instead bouncing around between activities.
"If you sit someone down with a magazine, within seconds they're researching the products that they could buy," said Megan Miller, research and development program director at Bonnier. "If they see a snowboard in a snowboarding magazine, they'll bounce over to Amazon to check the prices on it."
While not great news for publishers, who want readers to stay within their publications, advertisers will be cheered by the willingness of readers to use digital magazines as "exploration springboards".
In fact, according to Bonnier, iPad users don't see advertising as an interruption but instead as a relevant part of the digital magazine experience, particularly around topics they are passionate about.
Some of the positive words used to describe advertising included "artistic", "informative", "inspiring", and "fashionable.""
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
- How mobile will change in 2015
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to deepen brands' reach
- Survey IDs SEO platforms most brand friendly
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...