News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Digital magazines "exploration springboards" for iPad users
There's so much you can do on an iPad - email, gaming, browsing, reading magazines to name a few. Research from publishers Bonnier has found this plethora of activities distracts iPad users to the point where they have trouble focusing on magazine content, but that this could be good for advertisers.
According to Bonnier, readers of magazines on an iPad aren't staying engaged with content and are instead bouncing around between activities.
"If you sit someone down with a magazine, within seconds they're researching the products that they could buy," said Megan Miller, research and development program director at Bonnier. "If they see a snowboard in a snowboarding magazine, they'll bounce over to Amazon to check the prices on it."
While not great news for publishers, who want readers to stay within their publications, advertisers will be cheered by the willingness of readers to use digital magazines as "exploration springboards".
In fact, according to Bonnier, iPad users don't see advertising as an interruption but instead as a relevant part of the digital magazine experience, particularly around topics they are passionate about.
Some of the positive words used to describe advertising included "artistic", "informative", "inspiring", and "fashionable.""
- Netflix dominates U.S. peak Internet traffic
- Omni-channel shopping putting pressure on stores to raise shopper engagement
- Big spending forecast for UK Black Friday
- Do you know why online shoppers abandon carts?
- Travel study reveals extent of travelers' frustration with poorly performing apps, websites
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...