News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumers want to interact with their healthcare provider online
Consumers use the Internet to socialize, play, entertain, manage their finances and now, it seems, many would like to manage their healthcare online, too.
According to Intuit's second annual Health Care Check-Up survey, Americans expect the same connectivity from their doctor's office as they do from their bank.
Almost three-quarters (73%) of Americans surveyed said they would use secure online environments via which to receive medical results, pay bills, and make appointments.
So important is this instant access, and ability to manage health-related activities, that nearly half of those surveyed would consider switching health practices for one that provided online services.
"Patient anxiety is rising," said Steve Malik, president and general manager of Intuit Health. "They want some measure of control, convenience and better communication with their doctor. Doctors who offer secure online solutions can meet this patient demand while increasing office efficiency and enhancing the doctor-patient relationship."
Additional findings from Intuit's study include:
- 81% would schedule their own appointment via a secure Internet service and fill out medical/registration forms online prior to their appointment.
- 78% would use a secure online method to access their medical histories and share information with their doctor.
- Younger generations expect online interaction - 59% of Gen Y respondents said they would switch doctors for one with better online access compared with only 29% of Baby Boomers.
- Customer experience to be key brand differentiator by 2020
- The differences between American, European ads and why they matter
- Study: Online video pushing hungry people to burger chains
- Google's HTTPS ranking signal has little to no effect
- 'Huge landmark' as ecommerce mobile traffic overtakes desktop
- Happy birthday, email! Now, what can you do for me?
- Poll: Phone fraud tops $8 billion mark in America
- Webtrends: Top 3 tips to improve online bookings
Featured White Papers
- Expert Panel: Brand Strategists Answer Top 5 Social Questions
During SXSW Interactive, we gathered a team of five leading brand strategists to answer the five most pressing social questions...
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...