News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumers want to interact with their healthcare provider online
Consumers use the Internet to socialize, play, entertain, manage their finances and now, it seems, many would like to manage their healthcare online, too.
According to Intuit's second annual Health Care Check-Up survey, Americans expect the same connectivity from their doctor's office as they do from their bank.
Almost three-quarters (73%) of Americans surveyed said they would use secure online environments via which to receive medical results, pay bills, and make appointments.
So important is this instant access, and ability to manage health-related activities, that nearly half of those surveyed would consider switching health practices for one that provided online services.
"Patient anxiety is rising," said Steve Malik, president and general manager of Intuit Health. "They want some measure of control, convenience and better communication with their doctor. Doctors who offer secure online solutions can meet this patient demand while increasing office efficiency and enhancing the doctor-patient relationship."
Additional findings from Intuit's study include:
- 81% would schedule their own appointment via a secure Internet service and fill out medical/registration forms online prior to their appointment.
- 78% would use a secure online method to access their medical histories and share information with their doctor.
- Younger generations expect online interaction - 59% of Gen Y respondents said they would switch doctors for one with better online access compared with only 29% of Baby Boomers.
- The effect of clutter on ad gaze time and viewability
- Women in UK leading the way in mobile shopping
- Today's consumers want more from loyalty programs
- Expert: MCommerce nearing tipping point
- Merchants: How to make wishlists work for you
- Top 3 tips to better source loyalty data
- 57% of consumers do not trust a business with their data
- 39% turn blind eye to branded social media posts
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...