News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumers want to interact with their healthcare provider online
Consumers use the Internet to socialize, play, entertain, manage their finances and now, it seems, many would like to manage their healthcare online, too.
According to Intuit's second annual Health Care Check-Up survey, Americans expect the same connectivity from their doctor's office as they do from their bank.
Almost three-quarters (73%) of Americans surveyed said they would use secure online environments via which to receive medical results, pay bills, and make appointments.
So important is this instant access, and ability to manage health-related activities, that nearly half of those surveyed would consider switching health practices for one that provided online services.
"Patient anxiety is rising," said Steve Malik, president and general manager of Intuit Health. "They want some measure of control, convenience and better communication with their doctor. Doctors who offer secure online solutions can meet this patient demand while increasing office efficiency and enhancing the doctor-patient relationship."
Additional findings from Intuit's study include:
- 81% would schedule their own appointment via a secure Internet service and fill out medical/registration forms online prior to their appointment.
- 78% would use a secure online method to access their medical histories and share information with their doctor.
- Younger generations expect online interaction - 59% of Gen Y respondents said they would switch doctors for one with better online access compared with only 29% of Baby Boomers.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...