News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Android In-App Billing to launch this week
This week sees Google finally catch up to rivals Blackberry and Apple as it launches In-App Billing for Android.
Google first confirmed plans for In-App Billing in the Android Market back in January of this year, but last week it was confirmed on the Android Developers blog that release was imminent.
The new feature will enable Android users to pay for game add-ons and virtual goods, or upgrade music and magazine subscriptions, without having to go via a third party because transactions can now be carried out within the realm of Google using credit card details stored in a Google Checkout account.
"The In-App Billing service manages billing transactions between apps and users, providing a consistent purchasing experience with familiar forms of payment across all apps," said Eric Chu, developer on the Android ecosystem.
"At the same time, it gives you full control over how your digital goods are purchased and tracked. You can let Android Market manage and track the purchases for you or you can integrate with your own back-end service to verify and track purchases in the way that's best for your app."
In-App Billing has been available via Apple's App Store since October 2009 and via BlackBerry's App World since September 2010.
- Nielsen: Generations bucking preconceived notions of behavior
- Study reveals shopping habits not influenced by Black Friday flash sales
- Study: Shoppers plan to spend more, save more this holiday
- How to respond to bad reviews
- Top tips for a better 2016 IT strategy
- Click-and-collect drives additional in-store sales
- Oxford Dictionaries announces 'word of the year' and it is not a word
- Last-minute shopping on the rise during holiday season
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...