News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
$4.5 million in funding round for connection hub Motista
Every business wants a better connection to their consumer base. While many rely on generalized web research, the Motista solution offers more specific details for businesses based on specific brands, segments and competing companies. The platform has announced a $4.5 million funding round, backed by El Dorado Ventures.
El Dorado's Tom Peterson will join Motista's board of directors, which is set to relocate corporate headquarters from Maryland to California.
The Motista platform is different from most in the way they collect and disperse online data. The platform is based on continuous surveying of consumer's actions, translating those actions into data that brands can use to target and convert buyers. Their information gather is specific to brands, competitors and segments, which may give advertisers a better connection to their target demographic.
"We've been quietly building Motista in close collaboration with some of the world's top brands. Today, marketers at these organizations now use our online solution to continually uncover the consumer connections that matter most to their businesses," said Scott Magids, co-founder and CEO of Motista.
"Marketers are under tremendous pressure to adapt to the consumer's rapidly changing expectations, deliver results that impact the bottom-line and justify their program and budgets to management," said Tom Peterson, General Partner at El Dorado Ventures. "Motista is the first company we've seen that's focused on giving Fortune 1000 marketers the practical tools and intelligence they need to be successful in this environment. With its innovative research and intuitive software, Motista is well-positioned to help marketers navigate today's unique challenges."
Motista is geared toward Fortune 1000 brands.
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...