News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Time spent with socnets up Down Under
They're a social bunch, Aussies. That goes for when they're online, too, as a recent State of the Internet in Australia report from comScore illustrates.
The largest chunk of time spent online by Australians is dedicated to social networking, found comScore. Their analysis of activity in December, 2010, found approximately one in every five minutes, 22%, is spent with various social networks.
By "various social networks" I really mean Facebook, of course, which is not only Australia's most popular social network, but also overtook Microsoft Sites to become last year's most-visited Internet property throughout the country.
Social networking was the only category with which Australians substantially increased their time (5.3%). Entertainment rose 2% to 11% while news/information (up 0.8%) and search/navigation (up 0.2%) struggled.
The remaining categories all witnessed a decline in time spent including portals (-9.6%), instant messengers (-7.7%), and games (-0.5%).
In other Antipodean news, a study conducted by InMobi and comScore discovered Australians are pretty laid back about ads on their mobile phones. Three-quarters of Australians said they were either "very" or "somewhat" comfortable with mobile ads, with nearly half (48%) citing "very".
- Study: Americans don't understand their health plan
- Study: Service virtualization can reduce risk
- Survey: Solo-preneurs on the rise
- Ad Roundup: Data, funding and a new video unit
- Retailers: Customer experience also about employees
- 3 Questions with Returnly
- Research reveals significant increase in online shopping
- Telehealth: Convenience driving interest in visiting a doctor via video
Featured White Papers
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...
- Twitter for Business: Everything You Need to Know
Using Twitter requires a lot more effort than just sharing a link and throwing in a hashtag or two....