News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Time spent with socnets up Down Under
They're a social bunch, Aussies. That goes for when they're online, too, as a recent State of the Internet in Australia report from comScore illustrates.
The largest chunk of time spent online by Australians is dedicated to social networking, found comScore. Their analysis of activity in December, 2010, found approximately one in every five minutes, 22%, is spent with various social networks.
By "various social networks" I really mean Facebook, of course, which is not only Australia's most popular social network, but also overtook Microsoft Sites to become last year's most-visited Internet property throughout the country.
Social networking was the only category with which Australians substantially increased their time (5.3%). Entertainment rose 2% to 11% while news/information (up 0.8%) and search/navigation (up 0.2%) struggled.
The remaining categories all witnessed a decline in time spent including portals (-9.6%), instant messengers (-7.7%), and games (-0.5%).
In other Antipodean news, a study conducted by InMobi and comScore discovered Australians are pretty laid back about ads on their mobile phones. Three-quarters of Australians said they were either "very" or "somewhat" comfortable with mobile ads, with nearly half (48%) citing "very".
- Experts weigh in on the death of Flash
- Study finds payment issues top affiliates' complaint list
- Study: Indian mobile use skyrocketing
- How travel brands can stop fraud
- Cart abandonment rates lower for charities than other sectors
- Online Reviews: Consumers seeing stars, not content
- Amazon proposes 'drone zones'
- Google adds business foot-traffic data to search
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...