News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Time spent with socnets up Down Under
They're a social bunch, Aussies. That goes for when they're online, too, as a recent State of the Internet in Australia report from comScore illustrates.
The largest chunk of time spent online by Australians is dedicated to social networking, found comScore. Their analysis of activity in December, 2010, found approximately one in every five minutes, 22%, is spent with various social networks.
By "various social networks" I really mean Facebook, of course, which is not only Australia's most popular social network, but also overtook Microsoft Sites to become last year's most-visited Internet property throughout the country.
Social networking was the only category with which Australians substantially increased their time (5.3%). Entertainment rose 2% to 11% while news/information (up 0.8%) and search/navigation (up 0.2%) struggled.
The remaining categories all witnessed a decline in time spent including portals (-9.6%), instant messengers (-7.7%), and games (-0.5%).
In other Antipodean news, a study conducted by InMobi and comScore discovered Australians are pretty laid back about ads on their mobile phones. Three-quarters of Australians said they were either "very" or "somewhat" comfortable with mobile ads, with nearly half (48%) citing "very".
- Expert: Where retailers should focus this holiday season
- Top 3 tips to create stronger video content
- Forecast: Holidays could be a boon to retailers
- 'Password fatigue' drives social login use
- Millennial-led SMBs defining new world order for marketing
- Online payment fraud costing U.S. merchants billions
- Online ad viewability in UK remains below 50%
- Mobile banking logins outpacing desktop
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....