News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Time spent with socnets up Down Under
They're a social bunch, Aussies. That goes for when they're online, too, as a recent State of the Internet in Australia report from comScore illustrates.
The largest chunk of time spent online by Australians is dedicated to social networking, found comScore. Their analysis of activity in December, 2010, found approximately one in every five minutes, 22%, is spent with various social networks.
By "various social networks" I really mean Facebook, of course, which is not only Australia's most popular social network, but also overtook Microsoft Sites to become last year's most-visited Internet property throughout the country.
Social networking was the only category with which Australians substantially increased their time (5.3%). Entertainment rose 2% to 11% while news/information (up 0.8%) and search/navigation (up 0.2%) struggled.
The remaining categories all witnessed a decline in time spent including portals (-9.6%), instant messengers (-7.7%), and games (-0.5%).
In other Antipodean news, a study conducted by InMobi and comScore discovered Australians are pretty laid back about ads on their mobile phones. Three-quarters of Australians said they were either "very" or "somewhat" comfortable with mobile ads, with nearly half (48%) citing "very".
- Ad RoundUp: Ecommerce deployments key in on data
- Online and mobile shopping experience still failing to meet consumer expectations
- Which products have the highest online browse-to-buy correlation?
- Millennials: Speed and high-quality images the difference between bounce or buy on mobile
- Smartphone shopping up but revenue remains low
- Study dispels myth of what motivates brand advocates
- Survey: Product reviews influence more than half of shoppers
- Consumers turning from coupon clipping to coupon clicking
Featured White Papers
- 7 ways the mobile consumer changes everything infographic
Download the infographic "7 Ways the Mobile Consumer Changes Everything" to learn how to optimize your web content for mobile,...
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...