News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Time spent with socnets up Down Under
They're a social bunch, Aussies. That goes for when they're online, too, as a recent State of the Internet in Australia report from comScore illustrates.
The largest chunk of time spent online by Australians is dedicated to social networking, found comScore. Their analysis of activity in December, 2010, found approximately one in every five minutes, 22%, is spent with various social networks.
By "various social networks" I really mean Facebook, of course, which is not only Australia's most popular social network, but also overtook Microsoft Sites to become last year's most-visited Internet property throughout the country.
Social networking was the only category with which Australians substantially increased their time (5.3%). Entertainment rose 2% to 11% while news/information (up 0.8%) and search/navigation (up 0.2%) struggled.
The remaining categories all witnessed a decline in time spent including portals (-9.6%), instant messengers (-7.7%), and games (-0.5%).
In other Antipodean news, a study conducted by InMobi and comScore discovered Australians are pretty laid back about ads on their mobile phones. Three-quarters of Australians said they were either "very" or "somewhat" comfortable with mobile ads, with nearly half (48%) citing "very".
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...