News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: Facebook stretches lead over MySpace
Facebook continues to attract millions of new users both on the Internet and via mobile. Not only that, existing users are spending more of their online time on the social networking site, according to new figures from comScore.
Facebook, the number one ranking social networking destination, is relentless in its march to world domination. The site accounted for 10% of page views in the U.S. in 2010, found comScore's 2010 Digital Year in Review, with around a third of all Internet sessions now registering a visit to the site.
Facebook's share of people's time online also increased, rising from 8% in January, 2010, to just over 12% by the end of the year.
While the number of users and time spent on Facebook may have increased, that of its nearest rival, MySpace, declined. Although still ranking second, comScore reports MySpace's audience dropped by 27% and total time spent on the site decreased 50%.
Facebook also accounted for much of the growth in social media use among mobile users. comScore's 2010 Mobile Year in Review found the number of people accessing social networking websites at least once from their mobile devices rose 56% in December compared to the same period the previous year. Facebook attracted 90% of all social media users in the U.S. and 85% of those in Europe.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...