News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: Facebook stretches lead over MySpace
Facebook continues to attract millions of new users both on the Internet and via mobile. Not only that, existing users are spending more of their online time on the social networking site, according to new figures from comScore.
Facebook, the number one ranking social networking destination, is relentless in its march to world domination. The site accounted for 10% of page views in the U.S. in 2010, found comScore's 2010 Digital Year in Review, with around a third of all Internet sessions now registering a visit to the site.
Facebook's share of people's time online also increased, rising from 8% in January, 2010, to just over 12% by the end of the year.
While the number of users and time spent on Facebook may have increased, that of its nearest rival, MySpace, declined. Although still ranking second, comScore reports MySpace's audience dropped by 27% and total time spent on the site decreased 50%.
Facebook also accounted for much of the growth in social media use among mobile users. comScore's 2010 Mobile Year in Review found the number of people accessing social networking websites at least once from their mobile devices rose 56% in December compared to the same period the previous year. Facebook attracted 90% of all social media users in the U.S. and 85% of those in Europe.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...