News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: Facebook stretches lead over MySpace
Facebook continues to attract millions of new users both on the Internet and via mobile. Not only that, existing users are spending more of their online time on the social networking site, according to new figures from comScore.
Facebook, the number one ranking social networking destination, is relentless in its march to world domination. The site accounted for 10% of page views in the U.S. in 2010, found comScore's 2010 Digital Year in Review, with around a third of all Internet sessions now registering a visit to the site.
Facebook's share of people's time online also increased, rising from 8% in January, 2010, to just over 12% by the end of the year.
While the number of users and time spent on Facebook may have increased, that of its nearest rival, MySpace, declined. Although still ranking second, comScore reports MySpace's audience dropped by 27% and total time spent on the site decreased 50%.
Facebook also accounted for much of the growth in social media use among mobile users. comScore's 2010 Mobile Year in Review found the number of people accessing social networking websites at least once from their mobile devices rose 56% in December compared to the same period the previous year. Facebook attracted 90% of all social media users in the U.S. and 85% of those in Europe.
- Expert: How to reconnect customers
- Fiksu launches mobile audience platform
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for mobile, online reach
- Imbalanced approach to social means consumers left waiting for response
- Reports show upswing for connected TV, downswing for pay
- Study: Smartphone viewers more likely to click
- How technology can improve the classroom
- Campaign launched to increase awareness of role of ads in funding free online editorial
Featured White Papers
- B2B Marketing Automation Platforms 2015: A Marketer's Guide
This report was prepared by conducting in-depth interviews with leading vendors and industry experts....
- Why Marketing Should Be Personal
Read our report, Why Marketing Should be Personal, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to learn why 700 marketers ranked personalization...
- Digital Trends 2015
Download the 2015 Digital Trends report, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to see the trends and tools you need to...