News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: Facebook stretches lead over MySpace
Facebook continues to attract millions of new users both on the Internet and via mobile. Not only that, existing users are spending more of their online time on the social networking site, according to new figures from comScore.
Facebook, the number one ranking social networking destination, is relentless in its march to world domination. The site accounted for 10% of page views in the U.S. in 2010, found comScore's 2010 Digital Year in Review, with around a third of all Internet sessions now registering a visit to the site.
Facebook's share of people's time online also increased, rising from 8% in January, 2010, to just over 12% by the end of the year.
While the number of users and time spent on Facebook may have increased, that of its nearest rival, MySpace, declined. Although still ranking second, comScore reports MySpace's audience dropped by 27% and total time spent on the site decreased 50%.
Facebook also accounted for much of the growth in social media use among mobile users. comScore's 2010 Mobile Year in Review found the number of people accessing social networking websites at least once from their mobile devices rose 56% in December compared to the same period the previous year. Facebook attracted 90% of all social media users in the U.S. and 85% of those in Europe.
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
- Top 4 investments to make in 2015
- Researchers use Yelp to predict a restaurant's chances of survival
- Are your employees stifling yawns during status meetings?
- Survey reveals the odd places consumers shop by mobile
- Marketers urged to lower ad viewability expectations
- 50% of consumers who want marketing comms prefer them via email
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...