News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Brands must advertise sustainability efforts
The green movement isn't going away, and yet brands are likely seeing very little return on their green campaigns. Why? According to one report the fault lies with brands because they are not doing enough to engage consumers with their green products. Being more engaging with advertising, including making employees aware of initiatives, will likely increase the purchasing of such products.
The Capstrat-Public Policy Polling survey indicates that not only are consumers interested in knowing which brands are environmentally friendly, but they are willing to pay more for those products.
• 59% of consumers believe environmental sustainability is 'very important'
• 56% report a willingness to pay more for green products
"Poll results show that consumers' commitment to sustainability is holding strong," said Capstrat CEO Ken Eudy. "Companies with a genuine commitment to the environment are missing a huge opportunity to promote this orientation - even with their own employees. Corporations could and should do more to communicate what they are doing to protect the environment."
The problem comes in here: nearly half of respondents said sustainability was 'rarely or never' mentioned in employer communications. If brands aren't mentioning green initiatives to their employees, chances are the general public won't hear the message, either. What can brands do?
Know who to target. Younger consumers are the most likely to pay more for green products, men are less likely than women to pay more for green and Democrats are nearly twice as green as their counterparts.
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
- Unilever to up digital spend following display ad trial
- FreeWheel: Video ad views up 24% YoY
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...