News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AdMob: Ad requests top 2bn per day
The AdMob network of mobile sites and applications now receives more ad requests in one day than it received during the entire month of December, 2007, demonstrating the massive growth in mobile usage in recent years.
The AdMob network now handles more than 2 billion ad requests in a single day - quadruple the number experienced just 12 months ago, according to a recent Google Mobile Ads Team blog post.
And, since its acquisition by Google finalized last year, AdMob ads have gone global.
Internationally, nine countries in the AdMob network saw more than 1 billion ad requests in December 2010, up from just one a year ago. The most growth was in Asia, where traffic has increased by a whopping 564%. Western Europe has seen traffic increase by 471%, Oceania 363%, and North America 266%.
"Mobile usage continues to explode and we continue to see rapid growth throughout the AdMob network of mobile sites and applications," said Harsh Shah of the Google Mobile Ads Marketing Team.
Over at eWEEK, they believe the astounding success of Angry Birds, within which AdMob ads are served, may have contributed to the huge rise in ad requests over the last six months, perhaps due to often annoying placement which has purportedly led many to accidentally click on ads.
Google's mobile strategy certainly seems to be steaming ahead. As of November 2010, Android powered 26% of smartphones in the U.S., up from 19.6% in August 2010, according to comScore's mobile division, MobiLens, 1% more than Apple's iOS with 25%.
Although Research in Motion's BlackBerry OS remained the market leader as of November, 2010, its share of market slipped from 37.6% in August 2010 to 33.5%.
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
- How to build loyalty through games
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...