News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AdMob: Ad requests top 2bn per day
The AdMob network of mobile sites and applications now receives more ad requests in one day than it received during the entire month of December, 2007, demonstrating the massive growth in mobile usage in recent years.
The AdMob network now handles more than 2 billion ad requests in a single day - quadruple the number experienced just 12 months ago, according to a recent Google Mobile Ads Team blog post.
And, since its acquisition by Google finalized last year, AdMob ads have gone global.
Internationally, nine countries in the AdMob network saw more than 1 billion ad requests in December 2010, up from just one a year ago. The most growth was in Asia, where traffic has increased by a whopping 564%. Western Europe has seen traffic increase by 471%, Oceania 363%, and North America 266%.
"Mobile usage continues to explode and we continue to see rapid growth throughout the AdMob network of mobile sites and applications," said Harsh Shah of the Google Mobile Ads Marketing Team.
Over at eWEEK, they believe the astounding success of Angry Birds, within which AdMob ads are served, may have contributed to the huge rise in ad requests over the last six months, perhaps due to often annoying placement which has purportedly led many to accidentally click on ads.
Google's mobile strategy certainly seems to be steaming ahead. As of November 2010, Android powered 26% of smartphones in the U.S., up from 19.6% in August 2010, according to comScore's mobile division, MobiLens, 1% more than Apple's iOS with 25%.
Although Research in Motion's BlackBerry OS remained the market leader as of November, 2010, its share of market slipped from 37.6% in August 2010 to 33.5%.
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...