News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AdMob: Ad requests top 2bn per day
The AdMob network of mobile sites and applications now receives more ad requests in one day than it received during the entire month of December, 2007, demonstrating the massive growth in mobile usage in recent years.
The AdMob network now handles more than 2 billion ad requests in a single day - quadruple the number experienced just 12 months ago, according to a recent Google Mobile Ads Team blog post.
And, since its acquisition by Google finalized last year, AdMob ads have gone global.
Internationally, nine countries in the AdMob network saw more than 1 billion ad requests in December 2010, up from just one a year ago. The most growth was in Asia, where traffic has increased by a whopping 564%. Western Europe has seen traffic increase by 471%, Oceania 363%, and North America 266%.
"Mobile usage continues to explode and we continue to see rapid growth throughout the AdMob network of mobile sites and applications," said Harsh Shah of the Google Mobile Ads Marketing Team.
Over at eWEEK, they believe the astounding success of Angry Birds, within which AdMob ads are served, may have contributed to the huge rise in ad requests over the last six months, perhaps due to often annoying placement which has purportedly led many to accidentally click on ads.
Google's mobile strategy certainly seems to be steaming ahead. As of November 2010, Android powered 26% of smartphones in the U.S., up from 19.6% in August 2010, according to comScore's mobile division, MobiLens, 1% more than Apple's iOS with 25%.
Although Research in Motion's BlackBerry OS remained the market leader as of November, 2010, its share of market slipped from 37.6% in August 2010 to 33.5%.
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...