News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AdMob: Ad requests top 2bn per day
The AdMob network of mobile sites and applications now receives more ad requests in one day than it received during the entire month of December, 2007, demonstrating the massive growth in mobile usage in recent years.
The AdMob network now handles more than 2 billion ad requests in a single day - quadruple the number experienced just 12 months ago, according to a recent Google Mobile Ads Team blog post.
And, since its acquisition by Google finalized last year, AdMob ads have gone global.
Internationally, nine countries in the AdMob network saw more than 1 billion ad requests in December 2010, up from just one a year ago. The most growth was in Asia, where traffic has increased by a whopping 564%. Western Europe has seen traffic increase by 471%, Oceania 363%, and North America 266%.
"Mobile usage continues to explode and we continue to see rapid growth throughout the AdMob network of mobile sites and applications," said Harsh Shah of the Google Mobile Ads Marketing Team.
Over at eWEEK, they believe the astounding success of Angry Birds, within which AdMob ads are served, may have contributed to the huge rise in ad requests over the last six months, perhaps due to often annoying placement which has purportedly led many to accidentally click on ads.
Google's mobile strategy certainly seems to be steaming ahead. As of November 2010, Android powered 26% of smartphones in the U.S., up from 19.6% in August 2010, according to comScore's mobile division, MobiLens, 1% more than Apple's iOS with 25%.
Although Research in Motion's BlackBerry OS remained the market leader as of November, 2010, its share of market slipped from 37.6% in August 2010 to 33.5%.
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...