News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: 33% of men would trade personal info for relevant ads
Advertisers across the globe know that targeting ads to consumers results in higher clicks and conversions. The problem is that too much targeting is seen as intrusive by most consumers and privacy watchdog groups. A new survey from Burst Media indicates that some consumers may be willing to part with a little privacy to get more targeted, relevant ads.
According to the survey more than three-quarters (78%) of respondents believe they've seen an ad targeted to them in the past with about 34% saying they 'dislike' targeted ads and 27% reporting they like ads targeted to their likes/dislikes. Researchers also found that men are more likely than women to give up some personal information to receive more relevant - i.e. more targeted - advertising in the future.
• 54% believe dynamically targeted ads are 'annoying and distracting'
• 38% report they are uninterested in products targeted ads offer
• 33% of men are willing to receive these targeted ads
• 11% of women are willing to receive targeted ads
• 35% of 18-34 year old don't mind targeted ads
• 25% of 35-54 year olds 'like' dynamic ads
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
Featured White Papers
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...