News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Studies: Consumers engaging but want more interaction
A new benchmark report from Unicast indicates that not only are interaction rates improving for marketers, but that consumers are now sharing more video ad experience through their social networks. Meanwhile, a survey from Hipcricket finds that consumers still want more. All of this, of course, points to a potential increase in ROI through video and mobile formats.
First, the Unicast report.
• Branded canvas formats have the highest interaction rates
• Unicast's own messenger units have the second highest interaction rates
• On average, interaction rates reached 77 seconds for retailers using branded canvas or messenger formats
• Restaurants using branded canvas or messenger units averaged a 52 second interaction time
In a related survey, Hipcricket finds that mobile consumers want even more interaction from brands. Their consumer-based survey found that, while consumers are using mobile devices more often for video, news/information and shopping, they aren't getting enough interaction from their favored brands via the mobile space.
Now for the Hipcricket survey.
• Mobile web usage has increased 70% since 2009
• 53% of respondents have visited an mobile retail site
• 28% will use mobiles at least some 2010 holiday purchases
"[Consumers] are eager to interact with brands on their mobile devices," said Eric Harber, President and COO, Hipcricket. "We continue to see the advancement of mobile CRM strategies and mobile loyalty clubs such as the one we have created with Arby's that provides customers with relevant offers and information that meets their needs and interests."
Hipcricket's survey found that 57% of consumers are interested in mobile loyalty programs, but that 80% of consumers have yet to be marketed to via a mobile device by their preferred brand.
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
- Top 3 tips for a more earth friendly marketing campaign
- Local Brands: Why SEO needs an upgrade
- Ad Roundup: Releases for content monetization
- In ecommerce, personalization missing the mark
- Product imagery on retailers' mobile sites lags desktop versions
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...