News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More mobile users shopping via phone
Shoppers this holiday season aren't just researching and sharing product information via their mobile phones, they're making purchases, too.
PayPal has announced a whopping increase in mobile payments this festive season. In the month to December 15 the online payment processing company registered a 300% rise, compared to the same period last year.
This isn't the first record-breaking increase for PayPal's mobile payments this holiday season. Last month, the company announced a 310% increase in mobile shopping on Black Friday.
The company, which handles approximately 16.5% of all online transactions in the U.S., also saw a 27% rise in mobile payments on Black Friday alone, as shoppers become more comfortable with making purchases from their devices.
This rate of adoption is changing the face of shopping - both on- and offline.
According to PayPal's President of Platform, Mobile and New Ventures, Osama Bedier, within the next five years it will be commonplace for consumers to pay for purchases via their mobile phone.
By that time, stores on the High Street will have begun to incorporate technology to allow payments to be taken for offline purchases via mobile payments.
- Expert: Brands can recover from endorsement scandal
- Millennials most influenced by family online
- Ad Roundup: Mobile, data tools released
- Free shipping and hassle-free returns continue to motivate online shoppers
- Reports: BTS spend trending up
- The top 5 reasons SEO agencies are fired
- Store visits remain important part of mobile path to purchase
- Expert: What digital challenges mean for small business
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...