News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Why advertisers need to get personal with consumers
Fifty years ago every store owner knew his customers likes, dislikes and habits from daily chats or weekly visits. Today, there are too many customers for most store owners to really get to know customers. Still, consumers respond to and want personal contact, which is why brands needs to get back in touch. How to do that in today's rushing, people filled world?
One way is personalizing ad messages. It may seem a near-impossible task, but in the online advertising realm personalization can be simple. What's more, consumers are responding.
"Everyday consumers are bombarded with hundreds to thousands of online display ads - most of which are completely irrelevant to their purchase intentions," said JB Rudelle, CEO of Criteo. "Personalized ads streamline their online experience by presenting them with relevant ads that feature the brands and products where they've previously expressed interest."
Retargeting ads to consumers is where most brands focus their personalization efforts, and is also one of the simplest methods. If a consumer visits a website but doesn't not purchase, ads can then be tailored to the consumer based on the time spent on product pages, where they clicked from and the price points they seemed most interested in.
"We expect more and more consumers to shop through personalized ads as the technology will offer even greater personalization with product recommendations," said Rudelle. He expects most brands to integrate retargeted ads into their online arsenal over the next two to five years. "Advertisers are continuously increasing the demand for return on their marketing investments - and rightfully so...[Criteo has] the largest retargeting development team and continue to invest in research and development to stay ahead of the client demand curve."
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...