News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Why advertisers need to get personal with consumers
Fifty years ago every store owner knew his customers likes, dislikes and habits from daily chats or weekly visits. Today, there are too many customers for most store owners to really get to know customers. Still, consumers respond to and want personal contact, which is why brands needs to get back in touch. How to do that in today's rushing, people filled world?
One way is personalizing ad messages. It may seem a near-impossible task, but in the online advertising realm personalization can be simple. What's more, consumers are responding.
"Everyday consumers are bombarded with hundreds to thousands of online display ads - most of which are completely irrelevant to their purchase intentions," said JB Rudelle, CEO of Criteo. "Personalized ads streamline their online experience by presenting them with relevant ads that feature the brands and products where they've previously expressed interest."
Retargeting ads to consumers is where most brands focus their personalization efforts, and is also one of the simplest methods. If a consumer visits a website but doesn't not purchase, ads can then be tailored to the consumer based on the time spent on product pages, where they clicked from and the price points they seemed most interested in.
"We expect more and more consumers to shop through personalized ads as the technology will offer even greater personalization with product recommendations," said Rudelle. He expects most brands to integrate retargeted ads into their online arsenal over the next two to five years. "Advertisers are continuously increasing the demand for return on their marketing investments - and rightfully so...[Criteo has] the largest retargeting development team and continue to invest in research and development to stay ahead of the client demand curve."
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...