News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Using only video, new product launch shows success
Still wondering if video really works as a viable ad format? A recent product launch says it definitely is. Recently YuMe, ScanScout and BBE joined forces for a new product launch called HoodieBuddie - a hoodie with washable headphones included. Using only video advertising, the product brand saw increases in purchasing, purchase intent and brand awareness for more than 60% in each category.
"The HoodieBuddie campaign generated tremendous brand lift...Given the wide swath of advertising we measure and help our customers optimize, I'm comfortable saying this campaign was an unmitigated success," said Dam Beltramo, Vizu CEO.
According to the launch HoodieBuddie saw:
• 62% increase in daily sales, comparing pre-campaign sales with post-campaign sales
• 76% increase in purchase intent
• 205% increase in brand awareness
"We are ecstatic over the successful launch of our HoodieBuddie line and were simply amazed that our partners were able to achieve such great success through the use of online video," said Andrew Leigh, President of Jerry Leigh, the brand behind HoodieBuddie. "This non-traditional approach was exactly what we needed to reach our target audience, and the experience has given me a new-found appreciation for what digital video can do."
The campaign included both 15-second and 30-second video spots. The 15-second spots had a great impact on brand awareness, but the 30-second spots were more important for purchase intent. Another interesting tidbit: even after 10 or more ad exposures, consumers continued to be aware of the brand rather than 'tuning out' which indicates that brand fatigue may be different for video compared to other ad formats.
The final video ads can be viewed here. The study was conducted by Vizu in cooperation with the product launch.
- In-store pricing versus online: Getting the price right at the right time
- Investment in the online shopping experience paying dividends for retailers
- Survey: Mobile a sore spot for luxury brands
- Study: Switching economy could cost US brands $1 trillion
- Does your business send packages? USPS postal rates change
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...