News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google Instant has positive impact on CTRs, ad impressions
Google Instant has had a positive impact on click-through rates and ad impressions, according to recent research by Marin Software, despite earlier concerns the fast page displays would decrease traffic.
Google Instant is serving up more relevant ads, according to Marin Software. This is reflected in a rise of 5.6% in click-through rates.
"Google Instant was seen as a big gamble for Google when the company announced it, but it's proved to be a positive change for the industry," said Matt Lawson, vice-president of marketing, Marin Software.
"Google has pulled off the elusive win-win-win with the release of Instant, driving increased usability for consumers and increased volume for advertisers, while managing to increase their slice of the overall search pie in the process."
When Marin Software, who manage search ad spending, compared ad impressions in the two weeks after the introduction of Google Instant with those in the two weeks prior, they found these, too, had risen - by 9.3%.
But is this rise due to the increased search results pages being displayed? Every time a search phrase is changed, Google Instant updates the results page, but the pages can be so fast-changing that searchers often don't have a chance to eyeball any ads.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...