News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Android CTRs lower than iPad, iPhone
When it comes to video, the mobile space is likely the next battlefield with Google's Android battling for supremacy over Apple's iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch devices. While Android units may have passed iPhone in sales, a new report indicates that from an advertising standpoint Apple devices are out-performing Droid devices.
Google's Android platform phones may be selling more units than Apple's iPhone at the moment, but iPhone's are still out-performing Android units. According to a recent study from Rhythm NewMedia, iPhone and iPad devices have higher click through rates than Android devices, a crucial stat for advertisers.
Rhythm NewMedia's Q3 Advertising Report finds that iPad CTRs (interactive pre-roll video ads) are the highest, a full 2 points higher than iPhone, iPod Touch and Android units. For Full page ads, click-thrus averaged 5.8%, App Launch ads showed a 5.4% CTR, Pre-roll Video averages a 1% CTR and Banner ads averaged 0.5% CTR.
The other interesting take away from the report: mentioning video in a mobile ad's call to action increases click-thrus by 79%. Consumer Packaged Goods and Entertainment advertisers led Q3 categories with full episode viewing increasing by 20%. And two more reasons to think more about mobile video? The study shows that movie video retention rates are higher (94% first 10 minutes) than online video (81%). Mobile viewers are also completing more ads (87%).
How big is the smartphone marketplace? comScore reports that more than 53 million Americans now own smartphones (July 2010), an 11% increase of June numbers. More than 39% are RIM consumers, 23% are using Apple's platform and 17% using Google's Android platform. The key is that while texting is still the most-used application, following voice, 33% of consumers are now using mobile browsers, 31% are downloading apps and 21% are accessing social networks.
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...