News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Android CTRs lower than iPad, iPhone
When it comes to video, the mobile space is likely the next battlefield with Google's Android battling for supremacy over Apple's iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch devices. While Android units may have passed iPhone in sales, a new report indicates that from an advertising standpoint Apple devices are out-performing Droid devices.
Google's Android platform phones may be selling more units than Apple's iPhone at the moment, but iPhone's are still out-performing Android units. According to a recent study from Rhythm NewMedia, iPhone and iPad devices have higher click through rates than Android devices, a crucial stat for advertisers.
Rhythm NewMedia's Q3 Advertising Report finds that iPad CTRs (interactive pre-roll video ads) are the highest, a full 2 points higher than iPhone, iPod Touch and Android units. For Full page ads, click-thrus averaged 5.8%, App Launch ads showed a 5.4% CTR, Pre-roll Video averages a 1% CTR and Banner ads averaged 0.5% CTR.
The other interesting take away from the report: mentioning video in a mobile ad's call to action increases click-thrus by 79%. Consumer Packaged Goods and Entertainment advertisers led Q3 categories with full episode viewing increasing by 20%. And two more reasons to think more about mobile video? The study shows that movie video retention rates are higher (94% first 10 minutes) than online video (81%). Mobile viewers are also completing more ads (87%).
How big is the smartphone marketplace? comScore reports that more than 53 million Americans now own smartphones (July 2010), an 11% increase of June numbers. More than 39% are RIM consumers, 23% are using Apple's platform and 17% using Google's Android platform. The key is that while texting is still the most-used application, following voice, 33% of consumers are now using mobile browsers, 31% are downloading apps and 21% are accessing social networks.
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...