News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Performics: Searchers will try, try again
If a consumer queries a search engine and doesn't find a desired result, they'll give up, right? Wrong. According to a new study consumers will try, try again either by changing the query, changing search engines or by clicking into sponsored listings for their brand of choice.
According to the Performics 2010 Search Engine Results Page (SERP) Insights Study 89% of consumers will modify their query and try again, 79% will change search engines and 50% will click onto a branded search result. Which engines are these consumers choosing? Most (75%) at least begin their searches with Google, 18% turn to Yahoo and 7% turn to Bing's engine.
"The study found that roughly half of respondents will be more likely click on a search result if a company/brand appears multiple times on the SERP," said Scott Haiges, President of ROI Research, which conducted the study. "So the evolving SERP continues to reflect a brand's image, not only as determined by that brand, but also by the general public through social and user generated content. The findings provide actionable data for marketers to more effectively use the SERP to drive participation, leads and sales."
• More than 75% are looking for product information, after seeing an ad
• About 66% know which results are organic and which are paid, with younger consumers being more certain about sponsored results
• 43% will click on a sponsored ad
• 56% will click on real time search results
"Understanding people's motivations and behaviors can help marketers better engage with brand participants, more effectively manage the SERP and capitalize with more holistic strategies to connect with users throughout the purchase cycle," said Daina Middleton, Performics CEO.
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...