News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Performics: Searchers will try, try again
If a consumer queries a search engine and doesn't find a desired result, they'll give up, right? Wrong. According to a new study consumers will try, try again either by changing the query, changing search engines or by clicking into sponsored listings for their brand of choice.
According to the Performics 2010 Search Engine Results Page (SERP) Insights Study 89% of consumers will modify their query and try again, 79% will change search engines and 50% will click onto a branded search result. Which engines are these consumers choosing? Most (75%) at least begin their searches with Google, 18% turn to Yahoo and 7% turn to Bing's engine.
"The study found that roughly half of respondents will be more likely click on a search result if a company/brand appears multiple times on the SERP," said Scott Haiges, President of ROI Research, which conducted the study. "So the evolving SERP continues to reflect a brand's image, not only as determined by that brand, but also by the general public through social and user generated content. The findings provide actionable data for marketers to more effectively use the SERP to drive participation, leads and sales."
• More than 75% are looking for product information, after seeing an ad
• About 66% know which results are organic and which are paid, with younger consumers being more certain about sponsored results
• 43% will click on a sponsored ad
• 56% will click on real time search results
"Understanding people's motivations and behaviors can help marketers better engage with brand participants, more effectively manage the SERP and capitalize with more holistic strategies to connect with users throughout the purchase cycle," said Daina Middleton, Performics CEO.
- Experiences - not amenities - create most social media chatter about hotels
- Younger consumers will share personal data in exchange for more accurate search results
- Forecast: App store spend to increase 33%
- Report shows Southwest winning digital airline wars
- Expert: Why unsubscribes aren't necessarily bad
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...