News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Performics: Searchers will try, try again
If a consumer queries a search engine and doesn't find a desired result, they'll give up, right? Wrong. According to a new study consumers will try, try again either by changing the query, changing search engines or by clicking into sponsored listings for their brand of choice.
According to the Performics 2010 Search Engine Results Page (SERP) Insights Study 89% of consumers will modify their query and try again, 79% will change search engines and 50% will click onto a branded search result. Which engines are these consumers choosing? Most (75%) at least begin their searches with Google, 18% turn to Yahoo and 7% turn to Bing's engine.
"The study found that roughly half of respondents will be more likely click on a search result if a company/brand appears multiple times on the SERP," said Scott Haiges, President of ROI Research, which conducted the study. "So the evolving SERP continues to reflect a brand's image, not only as determined by that brand, but also by the general public through social and user generated content. The findings provide actionable data for marketers to more effectively use the SERP to drive participation, leads and sales."
• More than 75% are looking for product information, after seeing an ad
• About 66% know which results are organic and which are paid, with younger consumers being more certain about sponsored results
• 43% will click on a sponsored ad
• 56% will click on real time search results
"Understanding people's motivations and behaviors can help marketers better engage with brand participants, more effectively manage the SERP and capitalize with more holistic strategies to connect with users throughout the purchase cycle," said Daina Middleton, Performics CEO.
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
- JiWire: Mobile engaging travel consumers
- Drama, inane ramblings and parents turn teens off Facebook
- Survey: UK consumers re-think loyalty to brands
- PPA: Digital magazines boost demand for print editions
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...