News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mixpo expands targeting, sequencing options
New tools from video advertising provider Mixpo may be enough to push until-now-television advertisers into the online space. The new suite of tools focuses on targeting options for advertisers to ensure effectiveness for their in-banner video ads.
Currently video advertising accounts for only about 11% of video views and only about 1% of the total minutes spent viewing clips. As consumers continue to consume more video content, it makes sense for marketers to follow them into the space.
"Historically, delivering dynamic messaging online has been very complex, but with our Dynamic Suite advertisers can develop impactful, in-banner video ads simply, quickly and much more cost effectively," said Anupam Gupta, President and CEO of Mixpo. "Now advertisers can combine display media scale and the power of dynamic creative to achieve reach, relevance and response, ultimately removing the barriers for TV advertisers to move online."
The tools include demographic (age and gender) targeting, day parting (time of day/day of the week) and message sequencing (serving ads in a specific order) options. Marketers can also utilize real time feeds to include things like mortgage rates, Twitter feeds or breaking news information/updates. Finally, brands can optimize creative through the toolset which should help to more quickly tweak and adjust the campaign as trends change.
How important is online video advertising?
According to metrics firm comScore 178 million American consumers watched online video content in August to the tune of 5.2 billion viewing sessions. YouTube continues to be the leader in content with average of 269 minutes per viewer (146.2 million viewers). Facebook and Yahoo capture more than 50 million viewers each.
- Webrooming parents heading to physical stores for back-to-school purchases
- 43% of all traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
- How to measure engagement to reach a deeper customer relationship
- Survey: Amazon influencing back to school shoppers
- Hilton gives guests greater control with significant app upgrade
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...