News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mixpo expands targeting, sequencing options
New tools from video advertising provider Mixpo may be enough to push until-now-television advertisers into the online space. The new suite of tools focuses on targeting options for advertisers to ensure effectiveness for their in-banner video ads.
Currently video advertising accounts for only about 11% of video views and only about 1% of the total minutes spent viewing clips. As consumers continue to consume more video content, it makes sense for marketers to follow them into the space.
"Historically, delivering dynamic messaging online has been very complex, but with our Dynamic Suite advertisers can develop impactful, in-banner video ads simply, quickly and much more cost effectively," said Anupam Gupta, President and CEO of Mixpo. "Now advertisers can combine display media scale and the power of dynamic creative to achieve reach, relevance and response, ultimately removing the barriers for TV advertisers to move online."
The tools include demographic (age and gender) targeting, day parting (time of day/day of the week) and message sequencing (serving ads in a specific order) options. Marketers can also utilize real time feeds to include things like mortgage rates, Twitter feeds or breaking news information/updates. Finally, brands can optimize creative through the toolset which should help to more quickly tweak and adjust the campaign as trends change.
How important is online video advertising?
According to metrics firm comScore 178 million American consumers watched online video content in August to the tune of 5.2 billion viewing sessions. YouTube continues to be the leader in content with average of 269 minutes per viewer (146.2 million viewers). Facebook and Yahoo capture more than 50 million viewers each.
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
- Mobile offers, coupons big draw for Dads
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
- Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
- Reports: Consumers want television everywhere
- SMBs: The marketplace is getting tougher
Featured White Papers
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...