News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mixpo expands targeting, sequencing options
New tools from video advertising provider Mixpo may be enough to push until-now-television advertisers into the online space. The new suite of tools focuses on targeting options for advertisers to ensure effectiveness for their in-banner video ads.
Currently video advertising accounts for only about 11% of video views and only about 1% of the total minutes spent viewing clips. As consumers continue to consume more video content, it makes sense for marketers to follow them into the space.
"Historically, delivering dynamic messaging online has been very complex, but with our Dynamic Suite advertisers can develop impactful, in-banner video ads simply, quickly and much more cost effectively," said Anupam Gupta, President and CEO of Mixpo. "Now advertisers can combine display media scale and the power of dynamic creative to achieve reach, relevance and response, ultimately removing the barriers for TV advertisers to move online."
The tools include demographic (age and gender) targeting, day parting (time of day/day of the week) and message sequencing (serving ads in a specific order) options. Marketers can also utilize real time feeds to include things like mortgage rates, Twitter feeds or breaking news information/updates. Finally, brands can optimize creative through the toolset which should help to more quickly tweak and adjust the campaign as trends change.
How important is online video advertising?
According to metrics firm comScore 178 million American consumers watched online video content in August to the tune of 5.2 billion viewing sessions. YouTube continues to be the leader in content with average of 269 minutes per viewer (146.2 million viewers). Facebook and Yahoo capture more than 50 million viewers each.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...