News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mixpo expands targeting, sequencing options
New tools from video advertising provider Mixpo may be enough to push until-now-television advertisers into the online space. The new suite of tools focuses on targeting options for advertisers to ensure effectiveness for their in-banner video ads.
Currently video advertising accounts for only about 11% of video views and only about 1% of the total minutes spent viewing clips. As consumers continue to consume more video content, it makes sense for marketers to follow them into the space.
"Historically, delivering dynamic messaging online has been very complex, but with our Dynamic Suite advertisers can develop impactful, in-banner video ads simply, quickly and much more cost effectively," said Anupam Gupta, President and CEO of Mixpo. "Now advertisers can combine display media scale and the power of dynamic creative to achieve reach, relevance and response, ultimately removing the barriers for TV advertisers to move online."
The tools include demographic (age and gender) targeting, day parting (time of day/day of the week) and message sequencing (serving ads in a specific order) options. Marketers can also utilize real time feeds to include things like mortgage rates, Twitter feeds or breaking news information/updates. Finally, brands can optimize creative through the toolset which should help to more quickly tweak and adjust the campaign as trends change.
How important is online video advertising?
According to metrics firm comScore 178 million American consumers watched online video content in August to the tune of 5.2 billion viewing sessions. YouTube continues to be the leader in content with average of 269 minutes per viewer (146.2 million viewers). Facebook and Yahoo capture more than 50 million viewers each.
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...