News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: Russia has most engaged social audience
When it comes to social consumers, Russian residents may hold the most power. A new report from comScore finds that Russian consumers are some of the most engaged, socially speaking, in the world.
Here are the details:
• 74% of the Russian online population is in the social space (34.5 million consumers)
• On average, Russians spend 9.8 hours in the social space per month
• Facebook is the 5th most popular social network (4.5 million visitors) in the country, following sites such as Vkontakte.ru (27 million visitors) and Odnoklassniki (16.7 million visitors)
• Social hub Vkontakte was the 4th most visited site overall, behind Yandex, DST and Google sites
"It is very exciting to watch the developments of the continuously strong-growing Russian internet market, where many Russian-based companies still outnumber global players," said Mike Read, SVP & managing director, comScore Europe. "The substantial growth in the Russian social media sector provides a sizeable advertising opportunity and reflects the importance of online connectivity for the Russian population."
For total visitors, only the UK has most consumers visiting social websites (35.7 million UK visitors versus 34.5 million Russian visitors). Canada and Turkey also have high numbers of consumers (more than 20 million each) visiting social networks.
As far as time spent with social networks, Isreal is Russia's closest competitor with visitors spending 9.2 hours per month compared to 9.8 hours per month (Russia). Consumers in Turkey and the UK spend just over 7 hours per month social networking and then consumers in the Philippines (5.1 million) come into the picture, spending an average of 6.2 hours per month on socnets.
- Expert: How extreme stacking can benefit retailers
- Bing rejected 250 million ads in 2015
- Google reveals 180% increase in hacked websites in 2015
- 74% of UK retailers fail to follow up instances of cart abandonment
- Ad Roundup: Releases focus on data
- Survey: SMBs report good start to 2016
- Business mail rooms inundated with personal online shopping deliveries
- Study: Micro-businesses need more help
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...