News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: Russia has most engaged social audience
When it comes to social consumers, Russian residents may hold the most power. A new report from comScore finds that Russian consumers are some of the most engaged, socially speaking, in the world.
Here are the details:
• 74% of the Russian online population is in the social space (34.5 million consumers)
• On average, Russians spend 9.8 hours in the social space per month
• Facebook is the 5th most popular social network (4.5 million visitors) in the country, following sites such as Vkontakte.ru (27 million visitors) and Odnoklassniki (16.7 million visitors)
• Social hub Vkontakte was the 4th most visited site overall, behind Yandex, DST and Google sites
"It is very exciting to watch the developments of the continuously strong-growing Russian internet market, where many Russian-based companies still outnumber global players," said Mike Read, SVP & managing director, comScore Europe. "The substantial growth in the Russian social media sector provides a sizeable advertising opportunity and reflects the importance of online connectivity for the Russian population."
For total visitors, only the UK has most consumers visiting social websites (35.7 million UK visitors versus 34.5 million Russian visitors). Canada and Turkey also have high numbers of consumers (more than 20 million each) visiting social networks.
As far as time spent with social networks, Isreal is Russia's closest competitor with visitors spending 9.2 hours per month compared to 9.8 hours per month (Russia). Consumers in Turkey and the UK spend just over 7 hours per month social networking and then consumers in the Philippines (5.1 million) come into the picture, spending an average of 6.2 hours per month on socnets.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...