News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: Russia has most engaged social audience
When it comes to social consumers, Russian residents may hold the most power. A new report from comScore finds that Russian consumers are some of the most engaged, socially speaking, in the world.
Here are the details:
• 74% of the Russian online population is in the social space (34.5 million consumers)
• On average, Russians spend 9.8 hours in the social space per month
• Facebook is the 5th most popular social network (4.5 million visitors) in the country, following sites such as Vkontakte.ru (27 million visitors) and Odnoklassniki (16.7 million visitors)
• Social hub Vkontakte was the 4th most visited site overall, behind Yandex, DST and Google sites
"It is very exciting to watch the developments of the continuously strong-growing Russian internet market, where many Russian-based companies still outnumber global players," said Mike Read, SVP & managing director, comScore Europe. "The substantial growth in the Russian social media sector provides a sizeable advertising opportunity and reflects the importance of online connectivity for the Russian population."
For total visitors, only the UK has most consumers visiting social websites (35.7 million UK visitors versus 34.5 million Russian visitors). Canada and Turkey also have high numbers of consumers (more than 20 million each) visiting social networks.
As far as time spent with social networks, Isreal is Russia's closest competitor with visitors spending 9.2 hours per month compared to 9.8 hours per month (Russia). Consumers in Turkey and the UK spend just over 7 hours per month social networking and then consumers in the Philippines (5.1 million) come into the picture, spending an average of 6.2 hours per month on socnets.
- Study: Mobile video a compliment to TV
- Mobile sites leaving customers hungry
- Survey: Most create videos as keepsakes
- Ad RoundUp: Ecommerce deployments key in on data
- Online and mobile shopping experience still failing to meet consumer expectations
- Which products have the highest online browse-to-buy correlation?
- Millennials: Speed and high-quality images the difference between bounce or buy on mobile
- Smartphone shopping up but revenue remains low
Featured White Papers
- 7 ways the mobile consumer changes everything infographic
Download the infographic "7 Ways the Mobile Consumer Changes Everything" to learn how to optimize your web content for mobile,...
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...