News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
TextualAds integrates SMS with Facebook fan pages
Recent research has found people want to respond to advertising via their mobile phones and that SMS messages are the preferred method. It makes sense, then, that Facebook users would also like to be communicated with via SMS - at least that's what outfits like TextualAds are hoping.
A new Facebook application, called TextualAds, allows marketers to target their Facebook fans via SMS messages sent directly from their fan page.
Fans are encouraged to opt-in for SMS messages via a customizable tab on a fan page. The ads can be targeted based on age, gender, country or even exact geo-location.
According to AppBistro's Editor Review, "Not only can you target your audience so precisely, you can also customize the tabs appearance quickly, efficiently and brand-specifically. Add page descriptions, header images, custom colors or even your own CSS style-sheet to this app and you're off and ready."
Research has shown that mobile is becoming the preferred method by which consumers want to engage with brands. According to Insight Express, nearly half of consumers prefer coupons to be sent via SMS, while the Mobile Marketing Association in Europe recently discovered consumers would prefer to respond to ads via SMS, no matter what media they appear in.
Big brands are already on the SMS bandwagon. Major American drugstore chain, Walgreens, recently started sending out prescription alerts via SMS. The response to this opt-in service was huge and now more customers use SMS than email.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...