News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
'Likers' have more friends, more active, finds Facebook
In a little under six months, Facebook's Like button has already made its way onto over 2 million websites and has now been around long enough to generate some interesting data relating to "likers' and Internet traffic.
The results of some number-crunching by Facebook's Developer Network Insights team reveal some interesting insights into the people using the Like button and its effect on traffic.
So, who are the "likers"? In a nutshell, they have more friends on Facebook than a typical user as well as being over five times more likely to click on an external link on Facebook.
"This could mean the user is more "social" or more influential; on the other hand, it could mean the user is an attention-seeking narcissist," writes Mashable's Jolie O'Dell. "While it's fatuous to read too much into that statistic, the number does show that the average "liker" is more active from a social-web standpoint."
And, what about traffic? The figures released by Facebook are impressive. Since adding social plugins like the Like button publishers have seen a huge surge in traffic. Sporting News has seen a massive 500% increase in traffic while Gawker reported a 200% increase and ABC News 190%.
"These statistics show the positive effect integrating with Facebook can have on websites," concludes Inside Facebook's Josh Constine. "The experience of other sites and the ease of adding the few lines of code necessary to install many social plugins should encourage sites to at least experiment with the Open Graph API."
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
- How mobile will change in 2015
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to deepen brands' reach
- Survey IDs SEO platforms most brand friendly
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...