News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook adds 'social context' ad metrics
Facebook advertisers are being given more insight into the effectiveness of their campaigns. The social network has introduced new metrics focusing on the "social context" of ads - that little snippet of text that shows which friends have "Liked" the page, event or application linked with an ad.
The new metrics means advertisers can now ascertain the influence that social context, or social endorsement, has on ad performance.
Located within the Facebook Ads Manager system is a new column headed "Social %". This gives metrics based on four measurements: social impressions (ad impressions that include social endorsements), social clicks (number of clicks on ads that had social endorsements), social percent (percentage of total ad impressions with social endorsement) and social click-through rate (social clicks divided by social impressions).
"The new metrics could further confirm a Nielsen study which showed that these recommendations improve ad recall by 10%, awareness by 4%, and purchase intent by 2% over the same ad without social context," says Inside Facebook's Josh Constine. "If the study's result are proven, advertisers may expand their use of social context ads by increasing targeting of users who have friends who Like the ad's destination."
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
Featured White Papers
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...