News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook adds 'social context' ad metrics
Facebook advertisers are being given more insight into the effectiveness of their campaigns. The social network has introduced new metrics focusing on the "social context" of ads - that little snippet of text that shows which friends have "Liked" the page, event or application linked with an ad.
The new metrics means advertisers can now ascertain the influence that social context, or social endorsement, has on ad performance.
Located within the Facebook Ads Manager system is a new column headed "Social %". This gives metrics based on four measurements: social impressions (ad impressions that include social endorsements), social clicks (number of clicks on ads that had social endorsements), social percent (percentage of total ad impressions with social endorsement) and social click-through rate (social clicks divided by social impressions).
"The new metrics could further confirm a Nielsen study which showed that these recommendations improve ad recall by 10%, awareness by 4%, and purchase intent by 2% over the same ad without social context," says Inside Facebook's Josh Constine. "If the study's result are proven, advertisers may expand their use of social context ads by increasing targeting of users who have friends who Like the ad's destination."
- Mobile Roundup: Mobile wallets upping the retail ante
- Report: US, UK users vulnerable because of passwords
- Study: Images linked to email success
- Millennial Media: Video increases engagement
- UK brands fail to improve customer service response rates
- 53% of marketers crave more customer data
- Mother's Day: Flowers a popular gift, but Mom wants tech
- UK: Online spending and deliveries break records
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...