News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook adds 'social context' ad metrics
Facebook advertisers are being given more insight into the effectiveness of their campaigns. The social network has introduced new metrics focusing on the "social context" of ads - that little snippet of text that shows which friends have "Liked" the page, event or application linked with an ad.
The new metrics means advertisers can now ascertain the influence that social context, or social endorsement, has on ad performance.
Located within the Facebook Ads Manager system is a new column headed "Social %". This gives metrics based on four measurements: social impressions (ad impressions that include social endorsements), social clicks (number of clicks on ads that had social endorsements), social percent (percentage of total ad impressions with social endorsement) and social click-through rate (social clicks divided by social impressions).
"The new metrics could further confirm a Nielsen study which showed that these recommendations improve ad recall by 10%, awareness by 4%, and purchase intent by 2% over the same ad without social context," says Inside Facebook's Josh Constine. "If the study's result are proven, advertisers may expand their use of social context ads by increasing targeting of users who have friends who Like the ad's destination."
- Top 3 annoyances for mobile shoppers
- Study: Black Millennials betting on themselves
- Top 3 tips to take Valentine's strategies year-round
- No age limit to looking for love online
- Goodbye second-screening, hello switch-screening
- Less than one-third of emails opened on desktop last year
- Ad Roundup: Platforms for sales, ecommerce
- Top 3 tips to get more from email on Valentine's campaigns
Featured White Papers
- Device of Choice for Online Shoppers & Buyers
Did you know that men shop and buy from mobile devices more than women? Being aware of nuances like this...
- 5 'Must Have' Tactics For Your 2016 Digital Marketing Plan
What are the 5 "must have" tactics that experts agree can help everyone's 2016 digital marketing?...
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....