News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook adds 'social context' ad metrics
Facebook advertisers are being given more insight into the effectiveness of their campaigns. The social network has introduced new metrics focusing on the "social context" of ads - that little snippet of text that shows which friends have "Liked" the page, event or application linked with an ad.
The new metrics means advertisers can now ascertain the influence that social context, or social endorsement, has on ad performance.
Located within the Facebook Ads Manager system is a new column headed "Social %". This gives metrics based on four measurements: social impressions (ad impressions that include social endorsements), social clicks (number of clicks on ads that had social endorsements), social percent (percentage of total ad impressions with social endorsement) and social click-through rate (social clicks divided by social impressions).
"The new metrics could further confirm a Nielsen study which showed that these recommendations improve ad recall by 10%, awareness by 4%, and purchase intent by 2% over the same ad without social context," says Inside Facebook's Josh Constine. "If the study's result are proven, advertisers may expand their use of social context ads by increasing targeting of users who have friends who Like the ad's destination."
- Reports: Strong start to holiday season
- Expert: What will drive mobile in 2016
- More than half of consumers would pay for better customer care from preferred brands
- UK mobile email open rates at highest ever but conversions in decline
- More than three-quarters of all Black Friday mobile orders made on an Apple device
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...