News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Women, particularly moms, are shopping online from work
Even being at work can't stop women from shopping. According to new research from AOL Advertising with OTX, plenty of women manage to slip in a bit of retail therapy while sat at their desk, particularly on Fridays.
Women, particularly mothers, take advantage of downtime at work to shop online. According to AOL's new whitepaper, "The Mall Behind the Spreadsheet" (.pdf), 40% of women age 18-54 shop via the Internet from their place of work.
On average, women tend to shop between 15 and 30 minutes a day while at work although moms, who are more pressed for time outside of work, tend to shop for longer periods of time in the workplace.
In fact, time-saving and convenience feature highly in the reasons why women, both moms and non-moms, shop online at work:
- 53% Time saver/convenience
- 40% To pass time
- 38% I need it now
- 20% No time at home
- 35% Most downtime
At what points in the workday are women shopping online? Over half (54%) indulge in retail therapy during their lunch-break while 46% take advantage of other scheduled breaks or downtime. Marketers can take advantage of this downtime and target email offers during these periods.
Another interesting finding - Friday is the day when most women shop online from work (52% vs. 27% on Tuesdays). Therefore, in addition to targeting women by day-part, promotions can be geared to build awareness during the week leading to a big finale on the final working day of the week.
And, for added targeting, the study suggests the best time on a Friday to engage women at work is between the hours of 11am and 2pm, the hours during which 49% claim to shop.
- Ad Roundup: Releases for content monetization
- In ecommerce, personalization missing the mark
- Product imagery on retailers' mobile sites lags desktop versions
- Why the press release is (still) not dead
- Expert: Why B2Bers need social
- Is your branded content memorable?
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...