News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Consumers react to seals of approval
Have you ever wondered if the seal of approval is a worth-while investment? A new report indicates that an online seal of approval helped one business increase revenue by 75%, not bad in a struggling economy.
According to information from Symantec, their VeriSign Trust Seal helped to push online registrations for Clean Energy Expert's MyEnergySolution by more tha 137%.
Revenue for the business also increase by 75% after implementing the VeriSign Trust Seal.
VeriSign Trust Seal is used within websites which do not require Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Certificates; the sign, a circle with a checkmark, has become synonymous with security.
"VeriSign is the brand for trus online," said Eren Atesmen, co-founder of MyEnergySolution. "We wanted to go with VeriSign all along, so when we saw that the VeriSign Trust Seal was affordable and fit our budget, it just seemed like a no brainer...Our registration rate jumped by 137% in approximately 30 days. [We] also saw a 75% increase in our revenue. Finally, we've seen a 10% increase in traffic to the site."
The MyEnergySolution website helps consumers resource energy savings by lowering utility bills. Consumers who signed up through VeriSign received free home energy audits and solar consultations.
Businesses who sign up with VeriSign can take advantage of daily malware scans; this can help prevent a site from being black-listed by a search engine and gives consumers another reason to trust the site. Symantec estimates that the VeriSign Trust Seal is viewed 250 million times per day worldwide.
- Research reveals extent of secondary revenue generation among UK retailers
- Report: Bot attempting to steal gift cards
- Ad Roundup: Analysis basis for releases, expansions
- Half of UK charities have no digital strategy
- Trends to watch for video in 2017
- 78% of over-55s uncomfortable with concept of stores run by robots
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...