News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Rebuild brand loyalty with social media
According to a new survey from Shop.com, under a quarter of consumers are brand loyal. While low prices are attractive to online shoppers, prices can only go so low, and online retailers need to look beyond the quick sale and start to rebuild brand loyalty.
According to Shop.com, online retailers are going to have to "wow" online shoppers this year. While a small proportion (24%) remains brand loyal, a whopping 76% are "price-sensitive" and spending cautiously.
In March 2010, for example, a comScore survey showed less than 50% of shoppers reported purchasing the brand they wanted most.
But prices can only go so low. How long will a customer stick around once price promises have disappeared? Online retailers need to think long term and begin adding value to their products to re-ignite brand loyalty.
Social media is proving a fertile ground for breeding brand loyalty. Recent research by eMarketer has shown that social media sites like Facebook are where consumers go to keep abreast of a brand's products and promotions. They also view social media sites as a customer service channel. This is where consumers are connecting and where online retailers need to engage.
Building a community around your brand not only increases exposure and traffic to your website, but keeps brands relevant while creating the best customers and brand evangelists.
"Though the decline in brand loyalty is undoubtedly affected by cost-savings from a consumer perspective, it also has to do with the brands themselves," writes MobileMarketingWatch's Justin Montgomery.
"Adopting new methods to engage customers and keep a brand relevant should be a top priority for businesses - especially those engaged in consumer goods - and the time couldn't be better."
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...