News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Rebuild brand loyalty with social media
According to a new survey from Shop.com, under a quarter of consumers are brand loyal. While low prices are attractive to online shoppers, prices can only go so low, and online retailers need to look beyond the quick sale and start to rebuild brand loyalty.
According to Shop.com, online retailers are going to have to "wow" online shoppers this year. While a small proportion (24%) remains brand loyal, a whopping 76% are "price-sensitive" and spending cautiously.
In March 2010, for example, a comScore survey showed less than 50% of shoppers reported purchasing the brand they wanted most.
But prices can only go so low. How long will a customer stick around once price promises have disappeared? Online retailers need to think long term and begin adding value to their products to re-ignite brand loyalty.
Social media is proving a fertile ground for breeding brand loyalty. Recent research by eMarketer has shown that social media sites like Facebook are where consumers go to keep abreast of a brand's products and promotions. They also view social media sites as a customer service channel. This is where consumers are connecting and where online retailers need to engage.
Building a community around your brand not only increases exposure and traffic to your website, but keeps brands relevant while creating the best customers and brand evangelists.
"Though the decline in brand loyalty is undoubtedly affected by cost-savings from a consumer perspective, it also has to do with the brands themselves," writes MobileMarketingWatch's Justin Montgomery.
"Adopting new methods to engage customers and keep a brand relevant should be a top priority for businesses - especially those engaged in consumer goods - and the time couldn't be better."
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
- BlueKai rolls out 3rd party data options
- Reports: Social, Cloud offering assist to small businesses
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
Featured White Papers
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...